PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Series (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Epic 4g review at Cnet. Nicole Lee's HORRIBLE english with thick accent MUST GO! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131727)

tt C6 08-17-2010 01:01 AM

Epic 4g review at Cnet. Nicole Lee's HORRIBLE english with thick accent MUST GO!

I had to post hear because I needed to vent.

An ENGLISH speaking site should have editors that speak PROPER ENGLISH !!!!!

Is Cnet trying to tell us they couldn't find ONE person in the entire nation that is both qualified for the editor position and is able to speak PROPER ENGLISH ????

What an embarrassment!

Nice girl. Seems knowledgeable. But, keep your words in print and in audio. I do NOT want to be subjected to your thick accent.

PS.
Do NOT make this about race. You have NO idea what race I am and MANY asians in this country are qualified for the editor position and can speak proper english.

Cnet?
Are you listening?
Give our ears a break already!

shotcalla 08-17-2010 02:02 AM

Re: Epic 4g review at Cnet. Nicole Lee's HORRIBLE english with thick accent MUST GO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt C6 (Post 1914451)
I had to post hear because I needed to vent.

An ENGLISH speaking site should have editors that speak PROPER ENGLISH !!!!!

Is Cnet trying to tell us they couldn't find ONE person in the entire nation that is both qualified for the editor position and is able to speak PROPER ENGLISH ????

What an embarrassment!

Nice girl. Seems knowledgeable. But, keep your words in print and in audio. I do NOT want to be subjected to your thick accent.

PS.
Do NOT make this about race. You have NO idea what race I am and MANY asians in this country are qualified for the editor position and can speak proper english.

Cnet?
Are you listening?
Give our ears a break already!

I have an idea on what race you are, i would say Asian. Either way, it doesn't really matter what race you are, you can still sound like a douche taking the time to create a post on a phone website about someone's english.

*sighs* close thread

derfnoslen 08-17-2010 07:26 AM

Re: Epic 4g review at Cnet. Nicole Lee's HORRIBLE english with thick accent MUST GO!

Yeah, you need to grow up. Take this crap somewhere else.

demonlordoftheround 08-17-2010 08:43 AM

Maybe it's because I hear accents all day long, but hers isn't that bad. She obviously isn't on-air talent, but C-Net wants it to be geeky that way.

tt C6 08-17-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround (Post 1914604)
Maybe it's because I hear accents all day long, but hers isn't that bad. She obviously isn't on-air talent, but C-Net wants it to be geeky that way.

I have no reason not to believe she is a good staff person, and might make a great correspondant for ASIAN language videos.
But, I do NOT want to be subjected to her THICK accent when watching reviews I am VERY interested in.

It's painful to my ears.

nvmyc 08-17-2010 11:29 AM

Wow, get a life Loser!

TripleAgent 08-17-2010 12:03 PM

There are things that are more important. How does she look, lol jk.

The Sapient 08-17-2010 12:06 PM

Does PPCGeeks have a xenophobe subforum?

ETA: Did anyone else see ttC6's comment at CNET? I do enjoy a good rant about "proper english" that is chock full of spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors. I guess I also don't understand the complaint. I'm sure that everyone who interacts with other people at all encounters much heavier accents on a regular basis. If you use national TV news as a baseline, the average resident of New York, Chicago, rural Midwest, the US Southeast, and many other places in the US have thicker accents.

CozBoogie 08-17-2010 07:02 PM

Please ignore my accent (I'm from Ohio originally) but have lived in the Pacific Northwest for a vast time. There is a rich Native American history here in the northwest and once I was granted a visit with a Nez Perce elder....we chatted for a long time and eventually he leaned close to me and told me that he and I were kindred spirits....since that time I have been known as "Running Bear Who Shuts Down Pointless Threads."

late,
Running Bear Who Shuts Down Pointless Threads