PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 01:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Epic 4g review at Cnet. Nicole Lee's HORRIBLE english with thick accent MUST GO!

I had to post hear because I needed to vent.

An ENGLISH speaking site should have editors that speak PROPER ENGLISH !!!!!

Is Cnet trying to tell us they couldn't find ONE person in the entire nation that is both qualified for the editor position and is able to speak PROPER ENGLISH ????

What an embarrassment!

Nice girl. Seems knowledgeable. But, keep your words in print and in audio. I do NOT want to be subjected to your thick accent.

PS.
Do NOT make this about race. You have NO idea what race I am and MANY asians in this country are qualified for the editor position and can speak proper english.

Cnet?
Are you listening?
Give our ears a break already!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

shotcalla is becoming a great contributor
Re: Epic 4g review at Cnet. Nicole Lee's HORRIBLE english with thick accent MUST GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
I had to post hear because I needed to vent.

An ENGLISH speaking site should have editors that speak PROPER ENGLISH !!!!!

Is Cnet trying to tell us they couldn't find ONE person in the entire nation that is both qualified for the editor position and is able to speak PROPER ENGLISH ????

What an embarrassment!

Nice girl. Seems knowledgeable. But, keep your words in print and in audio. I do NOT want to be subjected to your thick accent.

PS.
Do NOT make this about race. You have NO idea what race I am and MANY asians in this country are qualified for the editor position and can speak proper english.

Cnet?
Are you listening?
Give our ears a break already!

I have an idea on what race you are, i would say Asian. Either way, it doesn't really matter what race you are, you can still sound like a douche taking the time to create a post on a phone website about someone's english.

*sighs* close thread
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

derfnoslen is just getting started
Re: Epic 4g review at Cnet. Nicole Lee's HORRIBLE english with thick accent MUST GO!

Yeah, you need to grow up. Take this crap somewhere else.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Maybe it's because I hear accents all day long, but hers isn't that bad. She obviously isn't on-air talent, but C-Net wants it to be geeky that way.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Maybe it's because I hear accents all day long, but hers isn't that bad. She obviously isn't on-air talent, but C-Net wants it to be geeky that way.
I have no reason not to believe she is a good staff person, and might make a great correspondant for ASIAN language videos.
But, I do NOT want to be subjected to her THICK accent when watching reviews I am VERY interested in.

It's painful to my ears.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

nvmyc is keeping up the good worknvmyc is keeping up the good work

Wow, get a life Loser!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TripleAgent is just getting started

There are things that are more important. How does she look, lol jk.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

Does PPCGeeks have a xenophobe subforum?

ETA: Did anyone else see ttC6's comment at CNET? I do enjoy a good rant about "proper english" that is chock full of spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors. I guess I also don't understand the complaint. I'm sure that everyone who interacts with other people at all encounters much heavier accents on a regular basis. If you use national TV news as a baseline, the average resident of New York, Chicago, rural Midwest, the US Southeast, and many other places in the US have thicker accents.

Last edited by The Sapient; 08-17-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Please ignore my accent (I'm from Ohio originally) but have lived in the Pacific Northwest for a vast time. There is a rich Native American history here in the northwest and once I was granted a visit with a Nez Perce elder....we chatted for a long time and eventually he leaned close to me and told me that he and I were kindred spirits....since that time I have been known as "Running Bear Who Shuts Down Pointless Threads."

late,
Running Bear Who Shuts Down Pointless Threads

Last edited by CozBoogie; 08-17-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series