PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 02:33 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Other places to buy the Epic - no mail-in rebate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coucher View Post
Specs I've seen claimed the Epic as having a 232 pixel per inch ratio, Evo 217.

Of course the iPhone comes in as the winner at 326 pixels per inch.
under normal circumstances this would be true..but AMOLED and Super AMOLED use PenTile..which you are not factoring in...which would make it I think 190PPI

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-13-2010, 03:56 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

thanks for all the answers guys, that's why I like coming to this site and get good information

still don't think that the price will deter me from getting this phone
Old 08-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does the SAVE50 coupon code still work when you buy a new phone on Sprint's website? If so, that would balance out the price hike and help ease the wait for the mail in rebate.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:19 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Threadstarter

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I just placed my pre-order at Radio Shack...same deal - had to buy a $50 gift card that I'll use when I pick it up, $249.00 out the door. The funny thing is that the receipt says that the phone will be available for pick up on August 20th. I think that pretty much validates the theory that Sprint was planning on an Aug. 20th release date and had to back it up to the 31st for some unknown reason. Looks like they forgot to update the computer-generated message on the receipt. The guys at Radio Shack also told me that I have until the store closes on Sep. 1st to pick it up or they'll sell it to someone else (not that there is a snowball's chance in Hell that I won't be there on the 31st).
Old 08-13-2010, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Coucher is just getting started

I also pre-ordered @ Radio Shack. The guy helping me said that they would be getting their shipment in "a little before" the launch date and would likely call most of the pre-orders to come in and get their phone before the launch date since they expected it to be a little busy/crazy then. He also said that although he couldn't promise anything he fully expected that there would be some extras they'd give to the pre-orders like most of the retailers did with the Evo.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.30 (Nintendo Wii; U; ; 3642; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadcicle20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coucher View Post
CellularDeals.com so far is the cheapest I've found. Instant Rebate and free shipping.

http://shop.cellulardeals.com/eComme...ardeals&agent=

They are pretty much the same thing as wirefly.. So I guess you can add wirefly to that list

http://www.wirefly.com/eCommerce/Spe...custblock=true

Only thing about them is I see nowhere you can keep your current plan...
remember you have 90 days to rollback any plan changes.

today I went to BestBuy Bayshore, NY and I was the first one to reserve, I'm confident I will get one.

Last edited by Vertigo; 08-14-2010 at 05:24 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.30 (Nintendo Wii; U; ; 3642; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kidz View Post
sooo...best buy's site states that there is no in store pick up...what exactly does this mean??? they WONT have the phone in store on 8/31/10??? u can only preorder and have the phone shipped to your home??? u cant preorder and pick up from store??? what are they saying? i would like to preorder from best buy but dont wanna hafta keep checking my mailbox for the delivery....i wanna preorder and pick up from the store on the 31st!
ya. looks like it wont be instores for a while at best buy. and thats not fast shipping either. if you preorder from best buy, id expect it to come on about the 4th of sept.
personally, im not willing to pay for the phone now and not get it till next month. the good thing about the sprint store is that no money changes hands. since they bill me for phones, i can try it out for 30 days before i even pay my bill. good luck getting your money back from best buy if you dont like the phone. i seen people get the bb/sprint run around where sprint says go to a best buy for returns and best buy say to call sprint tele sale for returns, and no one wants to take it back.
it means that if you pre-order on the website you cant pickup at the store... I pre-ordered at the store yesterday.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I also pre-ordered in the store and the dude said they will be in stock on the 31st. I just wonder what accessories will be there. I would like to protect the device but don't want to add any bulk to it .. besides zagg anyone have any ideas ? or is there a dedicated thread about accessories?

Last edited by dumpringz; 08-14-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:37 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The cheapest is probably for those who are a student:

http://www.studentrate.com/StudentRa...r-Discount--/0

And you get a few freebies like car charger and/or invisishield
Old 08-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have like 3 phones that can be upgraded.In fact i upgraded 1 and since i sold the phone rather then activate it the phone upgrade never went away.

Anyway question is this.Is this a phone a good resale phone like the EVO was? i need to make a few $'s to pay for my EVO and down the road this phone.

But i hate leaving upgrades there but nobody needs a phone in the house so looking to make a few $'s.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series