PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 02:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G/Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

NuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Taking Reservations Now For 31st

Just put mine in. I will be getting one on the 31st. Don't know if I'm getting for resale or to replace and then sell my EVO we will see. Here's the link http://now.sprint.com/epic4g/?INTCID...ic4GPA:960x320

Last edited by NuLLKiLL; 08-13-2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:26 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Sprint Taking Reservations Now For 31st

I just looked at the Radio Shack website and they are selling the Epic for $249.00 with new contract / contract extension. Nothing about mail-in rebate. Looks like $249.00 (+tax) out the door. They are also taking pre-orders that will ship on the 31st.

http://radioshackwireless.com/eComme...custblock=true

Best Buy is currently updating their website...I bet a similar offer will be there when it comes back up.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

NuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfoster View Post
I just looked at the Radio Shack website and they are selling the Epic for $249.00 with new contract / contract extension. Nothing about mail-in rebate. Looks like $249.00 (+tax) out the door. They are also taking pre-orders that will ship on the 31st.

http://radioshackwireless.com/eComme...custblock=true

Best Buy is currently updating their website...I bet a similar offer will be there when it comes back up.
Think long and hard about getting your new phone from BB or RS they both are the devil if you have any problems. There are threads upon threads about people who got their EVO at BB or RS and getting a defective one and never getting a replacement because BB and RS customer services is soooooo bad. Just an FYI saving a $100 may cost you in the long run!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:25 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuLLKiLL View Post
Think long and hard about getting your new phone from BB or RS they both are the devil if you have any problems. There are threads upon threads about people who got their EVO at BB or RS and getting a defective one and never getting a replacement because BB and RS customer services is soooooo bad. Just an FYI saving a $100 may cost you in the long run!
Its not about them being bad as Sprint screwing them...what kinda happend is this..Sprint could not keep EVO's in stock after the initial pre-orders..so those that went to BB or RS and then needed their device replaced couldn't because sprint was not fulfilling the stores orders....The Epic on the other hand should not have these issues.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-13-2010, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Its not about them being bad as Sprint screwing them...what kinda happend is this..Sprint could not keep EVO's in stock after the initial pre-orders..so those that went to BB or RS and then needed their device replaced couldn't because sprint was not fulfilling the stores orders....The Epic on the other hand should not have these issues.
That is not correct.

The issue was is BB and RS were selling so many that they had waiting lists for the phone. They make no money replacing a defective phone but do make money on new activations and upgrades. Because of this they were not replacing some peoples defective phones and some even got screwed and couldn't get a replacement before the 30 days was up. There were problems with both Best Buy and Radio Shack not helping customers with getting replacements BUT SPRINT ALWAYS TOOK CARE OF EVERYONE.

It is nice to not have to do mail in rebate crap but if you get a defective one you will NOT GET THE SAME LEVEL OF SERVICE. I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers but I have 3 EVOs on my account and have replaced one and read since the beginning the issues people who needed to return their phone to RS and BB had.

BE WARNED

Last edited by NuLLKiLL; 08-13-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuLLKiLL View Post
That is not correct.

The issue was is BB and RS were selling so many that they had waiting lists for the phone. They make no money replacing a defective phone but do make money on new activations and upgrades. Because of this they were not replacing some peoples defective phones and some even got screwed and couldn't get a replacement before the 30 days was up. There were problems with both Best Buy and Radio Shack not helping customers with getting replacements BUT SPRINT ALWAYS TOOK CARE OF EVERYONE.

It is nice to not have to do mail in rebate crap but if you get a defective one you will NOT GET THE SAME LEVEL OF SERVICE. I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers but I have 3 EVOs on my account and have replaced one and read since the beginning the issues people who needed to return their phone to RS and BB had.

BE WARNED
But if sprint would have had enough units for everyone this would not have been an issue right? so in the end its still Sprint's fault...

And you aren't ruffling my feathers because it doesn't matter to me either way I prefer to order online/over phone anyways...

Though even if you order through best buy you can still take it to a sprint corporate store to exchange it...
Old 08-13-2010, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

nvmyc is keeping up the good worknvmyc is keeping up the good work

I have bought a few phones from Best Buy and never had a problem or seen a problem....GF had a phone bought there and did not like it, brought it back and exchanged it no problem.....I know that when the HTC Hero came out and people wanted ones that did not say EVDO Rev 0 or dust under the screen they took it right back to Best Buy and Radio Shack and got new ones without any problem.
I don't see how anyone could be mad at BB/Radio Shack if their phone is defective and their whole stock of that phone is depleted. Mad I'm sure but not mad at the actual business so blame HTC then cause they are the ones not producing the phone fast enough.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series