PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

250 ain't chasin me away. many ppl are going to get the evo as its 200 but I.m.o the 50 bux extra may be worth it if this phone delivers the way I anticipate. just hope b.b does preorders!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:50 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Now Official Epic 4G Release Date: 8/31 Price $250

Oh, I'll pay the $249 if I have to...my big fat fingers can't handle a virtual keyboard so the extra $49 is worth it just for the slider. I was just wondering if there is a chance that someone else might try to undercut the competition. Its happened before.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well hopefully the extra $50 was to fix the antenna problem that the Samsung Vibrant had. I wanted to check out the Galaxy S phone and passed a TMobile this past weekend. When I cupped the bottom of the phone it went from FULL bars 3G to 1 bar EDGE and then lost signal entirely within ~10 seconds. I realize that you don't typically cup the phone in regular use, but there was still significant signal loss just holding the phone regularly too. Meanwhile I'm sure there was a mini/micro cell tower in the store so I'm concerned about the Galaxy S line of phones. I'm hoping it's just a fluke like the one that plagued the Nexus One paired with TMobile. I could have sworn that the AT&T version of the Nexus One didn't have this problem so it could be just that TMobile service cripples some phones.

If someone can please test this immediately if any of you get/have the Epic and let us know how sensitive the antenna is on CDMA. I can see this being a show stopper for many people, if just sticking the phone in your pocket or a case and completely losing signal...
Old 08-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
Now that I think about it....wonder how many of these "reservations" will go unfilled? I'm thinking this is pretty stupid on Sprints part (what else is new?) to not take any kind of deposit. Makes it easy for people to walk away and find other ways to get it and these stores will have a bunch of phones at 6pm that will be available to anyone without a reservation. I know I'll be looking at other places to avoid the mail in rebate, even though I do have a reservation.

Just the way sprint handles things, I can see thing being a huge mess!
I've bought my last 2 phones at Best Buy because they give you an instant rebate at the store. No Mail in (which I hate).

Someone else mentioned if BB will sell it for $199 and I doubt that. It'll be $250 out the door. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until Nov so I'll ride the next few months out with my moment and *hopefully* 2.2 will already be out for the Epic
Old 08-12-2010, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ppcgpirate is keeping up the good workppcgpirate is keeping up the good work

here's something that was mentioned in another forum,

the epic off contract price is $499, same as the evo, then why does the phone cost us $50 more to us?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Question about reserving. If I use the premiere reserve what happens to my eligibility? I am adding a 5th line (final) to my family plan to get this phone. If I reserve then decide to walk in to say BB on the 31 and get teh phone in hand what happens to the reserve? When you reserve do they charge your account? or do you have to take a next step before the reservation ships... these thoughts are in reference to the comment about unfulfilled reservations.

BrennB
Old 08-12-2010, 11:26 AM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)
Threadstarter

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Question about reserving. If I use the premiere reserve what happens to my eligibility? I am adding a 5th line (final) to my family plan to get this phone. If I reserve then decide to walk in to say BB on the 31 and get teh phone in hand what happens to the reserve? When you reserve do they charge your account? or do you have to take a next step before the reservation ships... these thoughts are in reference to the comment about unfulfilled reservations.
The reservation just holds the phone at the sprint store until 6pm...after that, anyone can buy it. No charges to your account, no deposit...nothin..many of us are checking other places before going to sprint as a last resort!

EDIT: Guess it's 6pm the next day 9/1 that you have to pick your phone up by:

Score!

We've reserved one Samsung Epic™ 4G just for you. You may want to print this page for easy reference.

Confirmation number:
Pick-up date: Tuesday, August 31st

Your phone will be at:

Sprint Store

When you arrive at the store, please inform a Sprint team member that you reserved a Samsung Epic 4G online, and give them the confirmation number and the phone number you used to make your reservation. Stores will open early at 8:00am on your pick-up date.

If you do not complete your purchase by 6:00pm on the day following your pick-up date, your reservation will be cancelled, and the phone will be made available to the next purchaser.

Because we've boosted your data experience with this phone's amazing services and features, you'll need our $10/mo. Premium Data add-on and a compatible plan. You'll enjoy 3G coverage nationwide and 4G coverage in over 40 markets and counting - check your coverage.

Last edited by Scientific; 08-12-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 08-12-2010, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: proud owner of a samsung epic 4g!!!
Carrier: sprint

2kidz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 2kidz

i have a question re: the $249.99...i have been to lots of sites/forums this morning and am confused...do we need to walkin into the store with $349.99 or $249.99...i understand that there is a rebate but is this rebate instant ($249.99) or do we get the phone for the $349.99 and have the $100 rebate mailed to us?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:40 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

at the sprint store? i dont take anythig. they bill my account. when i bought 2 touch pros way back, i got a bill for both and a month of service for a total of almost $1100. i dont know if they do that for everybody, but as long as youve been with them a while, i dont see why not. and yes, if your paying cash, youll need 349.99 plus that pesky sales tax. if your states sales tax is just under 10 percent, assume youll need an extra 30 bucks.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: proud owner of a samsung epic 4g!!!

2kidz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 2kidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
at the sprint store? i dont take anythig. they bill my account. when i bought 2 touch pros way back, i got a bill for both and a month of service for a total of almost $1100. i dont know if they do that for everybody, but as long as youve been with them a while, i dont see why not. and yes, if your paying cash, youll need 349.99 plus that pesky sales tax. if your states sales tax is just under 10 percent, assume youll need an extra 30 bucks.
that's what i was thinking! sounds like there is some double talk regarding the $249 as nobody seems to be talking about the actuality of the phone initially costing $349.99 and the $100 be mailed back...or....maybe it's just me! either way, I'M GETTING THIS PHONE! thanks for your prompt response!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series