PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (CDMA)
Carrier: Bell Canada (Fo

grashoper is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which is it?

Hello all. Well, Bell Canada has now officially launched and is now available the Galaxy. I'm having a problem identifying which it is. I do understand the fact that Bell now has a new GSM (???) network up and running, and i'm assuming that the new Galaxy is using this new network. What i'm completely confused about tho, is in the sub-fourms here, under the GSM specific, its identifies one as being the "Vibrant", and in the CDMA specific area it identifies one as being the "Galaxy S". I can't figure out which sub fourm pertains to the one bell is offering (and i'm about to purchase) because in their online store, and in their actual store front locations it is being advertised as the "Galaxy S Vibrant" Which is it?? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

deviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Which is it?

Galaxy S is the broad name of the device, The Vibrant is the carrier specific version of it since each carrier will customize the phone a little bit to there liking.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The Bell Version of the vibrant is not the same as the T-Mobile Vibrant...your Bell Vibrant is pretty much the parent Samsung Galaxy S with a different name...

The Rogers version will be exactly like the Captivate though...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-11-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

wow! That's actually kinda confusing lol So, the Bell version is what.... the GSM version or the CDMA version? And yes, I do understand that bell has always been historically CDMA <g> But with this new HSPDA network... i'm not sure what it may be called now lol

SO... I just got home with this bad boy.. It's actual model on the box is GT-I9000M
WOW... holy smokes is all i can say. What a machine! It's absolutely beautiful!! I have a MASSIVE amount of learning to do. I have been a windows mobile junkie for like 10 years now... so, Android is a whole new bag of goodies for me in a big way! I'm looking forward to this new learning curve, should be tons of fun... wish me luck.. lol
If anybody can point me to a good website with lots of neat and free apps and stuff, that'd be cool!
chow for now..
Old 08-11-2010, 09:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grashoper View Post
wow! That's actually kinda confusing lol So, the Bell version is what.... the GSM version or the CDMA version? And yes, I do understand that bell has always been historically CDMA But with this new HSPDA network... i'm not sure what it may be called now lol

SO... I just got home with this bad boy.. It's actual model on the box is GT-I9000M
WOW... holy smokes is all i can say. What a machine! It's absolutely beautiful!! I have a MASSIVE amount of learning to do. I have been a windows mobile junkie for like 10 years now... so, Android is a whole new bag of goodies for me in a big way! I'm looking forward to this new learning curve, should be tons of fun... wish me luck.. lol
If anybody can point me to a good website with lots of neat and free apps and stuff, that'd be cool!
chow for now..
Yes the I9000 is the model of the international version...I'm not 100% sure but I think the difference with yours is its Tri-band...but don't quote me on that...

I wish I could point you to this site for this..but we are mostly CDMA so it will probably once the Epic and Fascinate comes out when development starts here...

At this point the best spot is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=656

There is everything from rooting to useful apps to things to speed up your phone.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yepper... says tri-band rite on the front cover of the manual.
Thanks for the link... i'll check out xda tmorrow, as well as keep my eyes peeled at my favorite site here at PPCG for dev as it becomes more populated.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series