PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 03:10 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Epic availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcE XBOX View Post
Who let you out of the kitchen? ... jk! You do have valid points. The phone wont sell as well at the EVO because every other carrier will have it.
The thing about the EVO is the lack of stock of it...so if Samsung can keep the Epic in stock..many will find themselves going to a store to buy an EVO and come out with an Epic lol...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by photojenius27 View Post
If I was ready to go back to touchscreen I'd personally get the Epic. I had a chance to play with a Vibrant and I personally love the phone as smooth as it runs and T-Mobile doesn't even have the best coverage here, I could only imagine how much faster the Epic would be.
Umm did you look at Sprints Epic? It has a QWERTY keyboard. Thats the main reason why I am excited for it. I was all over the evo until I realized I had to ditch my keyboard. SO I told myself "Be patient... one will be coming soon and you will regret upgrading now"

Im glad I held out.. between the Epic and the Sero Smartphone restriction being dropped Oct 1st, I am all lined up to get an Epic and the closest possible retention of my legacy Sero plan. $50/mo FTW!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

deviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

actually, if you do the epic on the sero plan oct 1st you have to pay a $10 fee for the use of a "high usage phone" as well as the $30 for the hotspot to be enabled. I just went through that whole mess when my touch pro 2 died and they gave me a moment as a replacement. When you look at the big picture you will only be paying about $10 more on EPRP compared to the old SERO and you actually get alot more. My total bill for my 1250 and my wifes 500 SERO plans with insurance on both lines was $104 after tax's every month. Were now on the 1600 everything plan with both lines insured and its only $126 after tax's. So 22 dollars more for nearly the same amount of minuets for both lines, and we get the full sprint tv, navigation, and a few other things that are normally paid + its free mobile to mobile which for me was about 70% of my usage so instead of the random months where I would shoot 100-200 min over my plan now I will never get close. Was pissed for about a whole 2 days till i realized I could put cartoons on for the kids while waiting at the doctors office and wasn't able to do that before. Now I couldn't believe I waited this long to make the jump.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

nvmyc is keeping up the good worknvmyc is keeping up the good work

why would someone pay for the $30 Hotspot feature when we can get an app off the market that does the same thing for free?
Old 08-12-2010, 04:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcE XBOX View Post
Who let you out of the kitchen? ... jk! You do have valid points. The phone wont sell as well at the EVO because every other carrier will have it.

But IMO this phone will be loved by tech heads. It's currently the fastest phone out there and it's only running 2.1, just wait until it's given the 2.2 update. The screen is superior to any phone out there and it carries a qwerty! Which a lot of people are a huge fan of. The only thing it doesn't have is a kick stand.

I don't know about you, but deep down I'm a geek. I will pick a device, most of the time, on their spec power. The EVO is a pretty phone with sweet specs, but the Galaxy has me turning back. I might just have to pass on the EVO and go to after the better device.

I fully understand I didnt say that the thought of leaving the Evo behind for the Galaxy didnt cross my mind a few times, but Im so happy with the evo right now and the impression samsung has given me is holding me back. So i guess Im going to have to pass

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series