PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 01:16 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Epic 4g Pre-order tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
I just got off the phone with Sprint and the bulletin they receive to let customers know where to pre-order has been removed, go figures...
If thats the case..that would suck :/...

unless that 1 rumor is true that in the playbook this wed they skip the pre-order thing and push up the release to beat the droid 2 to the punch :/ (similar what tmobile did with theirs)...someone needs to ost the playbook to confirm/deny it >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-05-2010, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Samsung Epic

JHComputerGuy is keeping up the good workJHComputerGuy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Why would they do a pre-order today when there is not even a release date or price? Price point is a big issue. I for one would not pre-order something before know how much it costs. I just called a local sprint store and they thought it was coming out on the 8th but they said it is not and they do not have the information on when it is or what the price is.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

JHComputerGuy is keeping up the good workJHComputerGuy is keeping up the good work

Plus if it was coming out anytime soon the stores should know about it.. At least a week before it comes out so they can prepare..
Old 08-05-2010, 02:03 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHComputerGuy View Post
Plus if it was coming out anytime soon the stores should know about it.. At least a week before it comes out so they can prepare..
Not always the case with sprint..the TP2 the stores didn't even know about even after it came out lol...but the preorder thing was definitely legit..but as stated above it may have been pulled the last minute :/

Also so you know..the Epic is on sprint's front page...
Old 08-05-2010, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Not always the case with sprint..the TP2 the stores didn't even know about even after it came out lol...but the preorder thing was definitely legit..but as stated above it may have been pulled the last minute :/

Yes I know it is, with the "Coming Soon" on it also.. Still no date or price..
Old 08-05-2010, 02:22 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Someone over at XDA posted this:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...to-open-early/
Old 08-05-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TripleAgent is just getting started

Just got the Sprint Connection email...got all hyped, then sad for this glorified ad. It does have a blurb about the Epic, and a link to the Epic video page posted earlier.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:51 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:

but the tp2 was totally fly by night. no instore ads, no commercials, they werent really trying to push that phone. im convinced the only reason sprint signed on carry the tp2 was to have phones to give away to disgruntled tp users, and thats why so many reps were in the dark about it. i took mine into sprint for something and and all the reps were like "omg, i didnt even know that was out yet!" i would expect more from the epic. it is my planned upgrade path from the tp2.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
but the tp2 was totally fly by night. no instore ads, no commercials, they werent really trying to push that phone. im convinced the only reason sprint signed on carry the tp2 was to have phones to give away to disgruntled tp users, and thats why so many reps were in the dark about it. i took mine into sprint for something and and all the reps were like "omg, i didnt even know that was out yet!" i would expect more from the epic. it is my planned upgrade path from the tp2.
Yeah it was sad day for sprint..not only did they delay it cause of the dumb palm pre...they didn't advertise it one bit :/

----------------------------------------------------

Also some people claim they were able to do pre-orders via sprint and Best buy :/
Old 08-05-2010, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

bjhill2112 is keeping up the good workbjhill2112 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Not anymore. They pulled it a little while ago, shortly after the Sprint Connection email went out.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series