PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

c0wb0ycliche is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Obnoxious browser issue "Problem with file"

I'm having only one serious problem with my Vibrant, and while it's a little problem, it's frequent enough that it is driving me nuts, and also doesn't allow me to use (at least) one of the apps I use every day.

The issue is, when I go to some web sites, whether in the stock browser, or in another browser, like Skyfire, or whether it's in the browser within an app (for example NewsRob articles) I get a psuedo-crash where it opens the stock browser and says:

In a pop up box: "Problem with file The requested file was not found. webkit/"

In the browser window itself: The Web page at file://android asset/webkit/ could not be loaded as: The requested file was not found. webkit/

In the address bar: the same url as above.

If I hit back a couple times, it will take me back to whatever content I am looking at. But this is incredibly annoying when it's half the articles I'm trying to go through on NewsRob, or when I click certain links and it comes up and I have to hit back a few times before I can look at the page.

I have noticed the following:
- it seems to happen on pages that use Flash, it might be javascript as well, but I'm not sure. HOWEVER, disable plug-ins and javascript in the browser setting does not change the error from happening.
- thinking that it has to do with Flash, I looked into it more on the device. I noticed in Applications, it shows Flash listed, as well as Pineone Flash lite" so I don't understand what level of flash the phone has.
- I also noticed that (coming from a Nexus One and myTouch Slide) I don't see thumbnails for a lot of flash video content like on those devices. If I got to sites with Flash content that is not a video, it's just not there.

Anyway, if anyone knows how to fix this, I'd be much obliged.

I searched google and found almost NOTHING, which is shocking and makes me think perhaps a hard reset would fix it, but I'd really rather not have to re-set up my phone if it's not going to help.

The only thing I found online was that apparently some Droid X owners are having the same issue.

Anyway, any help would be great.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:06 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Obnoxious browser issue "Problem with file"

Flash Lite is equivalent to Flash 7..on Android 2.2 it runs full Flash 10.1 support...

Does this happen on all flash content? or specifically youtube embedded videos?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

c0wb0ycliche is a n00b

it's hard to know for sure, but it seems to happen when i navigate to a page that has an embedded flash video of any type via a link.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

c0wb0ycliche is a n00b

i started using feedr which doesn't seem to give the error, however certain web sites do, any ideas?
Old 07-27-2010, 07:19 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

maybe try removing flash lite and getting full 10.1 flash?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695965
Old 07-28-2010, 01:25 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Scratch that, there is gonna be a Froyo 2.2 rom release..which will most likely end up as a custom rom soon enough...thats probably what you want to get

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series