PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A few Galaxy related questions

I've been using HTC devices sinces the Mogul days, and I'm just curious how the transition will be and if a few features would carry over. I tether like it's my job so that would be integral, but I also need other things like Mobile Office and connecting the phone as a hard drive to access the memory card. Is this stuff likely to be on the new S Pro?

I'm sorry if these are stupid questions in advance.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work
Re: A few Galaxy related questions

I would be surprised if you won't be able to tether with this device, but I don't know for certain. MS Office documents can be edited with the included Thinkfree Office app. You can access the SD card with the included file browser.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I'm wondering if past Samsung devices can tether. It'd be a shame to have 4g wasted without tethering. Also, I don't mean accessing the card through the phone menus, I mean accessing it by plugging the phone into the computer and using it as a card reader. Thanks though.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

everything yu descritheability of android and is not manufacturer specific unless they lock it..which samsung did not..if a manufacturer locks it rooting it would unlock it anyways

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I'm sorry, that message was jumbled in the beginning, were you saying that all of those functions are in android? If so, cool.

I'm also curious about a few other things. How's is the audio output? Do these phones typically have a 3.5mm jack?

Can you easily put contacts in through your computer or something else?

I mean, is there anything blatant Android can't do that WM can?
Old 07-07-2010, 12:00 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I'm sorry, that message was jumbled in the beginning, were you saying that all of those functions are in android? If so, cool.

I'm also curious about a few other things. How's is the audio output? Do these phones typically have a 3.5mm jack?

Can you easily put contacts in through your computer or something else?

I mean, is there anything blatant Android can't do that WM can?
Android can do quite a lot..only common thing you may need is an app if you do M$ Exchange for tasks I think...At this point Android can do most of the things WM can. You can play around with Android on your TP to get a feel for it, but obviously it will be better once you get the real thing

As for 3.5mm yes it has a 3.5mm audio port..and some reports show that it can do video over the 3.5mm as well lol
Old 07-07-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to bboyneko

can i load only samsung widgets on touchwiz 3.0?
Old 07-07-2010, 02:43 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyneko View Post
can i load only samsung widgets on touchwiz 3.0?
Quote:
You also get the side-swiping homescreens where you can drop widgets, with a selection of Samsung and Android widgets. This gives you a great deal of freedom, and you can also drop shortcuts and bookmarks across these pages (we saw 7 pages) so you can possibly do away with the need to access the menu too much.
http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/48...ndroid-preview

But if you may not be able to use widgets such as HTC Sense Widgets without rooting with a Sense UI interface...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks for the replies so far. I guess I'm just a bit weary about switching platforms. So contacts wise, any way to put them on through my computer? Any other key differences I should know about?
Old 07-09-2010, 08:46 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Thanks for the replies so far. I guess I'm just a bit weary about switching platforms. So contacts wise, any way to put them on through my computer? Any other key differences I should know about?
There are many ways..you can either sync through gmail and many other sync options..or if you have PIM Backup, there is an app that lets you load them up from the backup files.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series