PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 02:30 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Whats you gonna do with the EPIC or EVo

Whats everyone gonna do with their phones by the end of this year if the rumors are true about 2ghz phones. also about Gingerbread (android 3.0) will the Epic and Evo be upgradable to Gingerbread? and many more things to come in phones by the end of this year?
Old 07-12-2010, 02:45 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Whats you gonna do with the EPIC or EVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
Whats everyone gonna do with their phones by the end of this year if the rumors are true about 2ghz phones. also about Gingerbread (android 3.0) will the Epic and Evo be upgradable to Gingerbread? and many more things to come in phones by the end of this year?
Read this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=11

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-12-2010, 07:01 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

looked at the link and if the info on it is true then i there isnt the need of a 2ghz phone but i know for a fact theres gonna be a lot of people that are all about the specs going out to buy that phone. Then complaining that there battery life sucks.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:03 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

any idea on the actual release date? an idea on how much its gonna cost with a new contract agreement?
Old 07-12-2010, 07:03 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

oh yeah will it be updated to the Rumored GINGERBREAD when it is released?
Old 07-12-2010, 07:10 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Here is all the info so far on release dates:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125524

As for gingerbread it is hard to tell yet..I mean gingerbread hasn't even been released yet and no one knows what even the features in it are...so far samsung said they will be done with Froyo by early august (so it will be up to the carriers to just implement it or we can load a custom rom for it)
Old 07-13-2010, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
In general response, there is always going to be something better around the corner. The longer I wait for the greatest phone ever, the more out of date by current phone becomes.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:53 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sapient View Post
In general response, there is always going to be something better around the corner. The longer I wait for the greatest phone ever, the more out of date by current phone becomes.

TRUE TRUE TRUE.

Do we really need whats around the corner in regards to new phones not really. My TP2 does exactly what i need it to do. But We do want whats newer. Its like havin a HONDA it does everything you actually need a car to do but If you can Have a Mercedes why not
Old 07-13-2010, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
TRUE TRUE TRUE.

Do we really need whats around the corner in regards to new phones not really. My TP2 does exactly what i need it to do. But We do want whats newer. Its like havin a HONDA it does everything you actually need a car to do but If you can Have a Mercedes why not
Indeed. I quite like my TP2 as well. But I'm planning to spend hundreds to get an Epic. I was going to get an Evo, but with the Epic right around the corner....
Old 07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

Hopefully the phone is worth it because its also gonna cost me hundreds more as well. Its gonna cost me the price of the phone + more $ a month + and have to signed a contract

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Tags
epic/evo future