PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Series (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Seems like our forum is finally getting some love (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127831)

gTen 07-06-2010 03:00 PM

Seems like our forum is finally getting some love

Seems like our forum is finally getting some love...we got sub categories now to fill up :P

Now all we need to do si get more ppl in here and interested in the device..:-P

mindfrost82 07-06-2010 03:06 PM

Re: Seems like our forum is finally getting some love

Yup, I'm trying to organize a few things, so suggestions are welcome :)

I know this forum is going to be mostly for CDMA, but we might as well offer some GSM love too lol.

If it gets rooted early then this *could* be a big device for us. Since its rumored to be coming to all major US carriers.

I'm interested in seeing on in person as long as they don't make it like a brick like the Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2's were lol.

strickly_ppc670 07-06-2010 03:15 PM

Any rumors about a release date?

gTen 07-06-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 1853495)
Yup, I'm trying to organize a few things, so suggestions are welcome :)

I know this forum is going to be mostly for CDMA, but we might as well offer some GSM love too lol.

If it gets rooted early then this *could* be a big device for us. Since its rumored to be coming to all major US carriers.

I'm interested in seeing on in person as long as they don't make it like a brick like the Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2's were lol.

Well the Galaxy S has already been rooted..probably the fastest root ever since Samsung actually open sourced it...of course it is possible that the carriers will have samsung apply newer firmware to it :/

It definitely isn't gonna be a brick, epic 4g weights less then the EVO and only slightly thicker..the original Galaxy S is almost as thin as an iphone 4...and again weights less...They even rounded off the edges so ppl don't call it a brick ;)

I have no problem with GSM..if anything I expect most of the improvements from CDMA coming from GSM as the GSM one..since its going to be in 110 countries which most of them my guess are GSM...

Quote:

Originally Posted by strickly_ppc670 (Post 1853521)
Any rumors about a release date?

Check out the release date thread..while there isn't much information everything that comes out is there...I update it daily..

mindfrost82 07-06-2010 03:37 PM

I might be getting my Sprint line back from my brother-in-law, so this might be a device I'll look into. If I do, then I'll have whatever Sprint phone I decide on and the Nexus One on At&t :)

msdams 07-06-2010 03:39 PM

its a very good site for download rom

Carla 07-07-2010 01:09 AM

I am very torn because I really do think I want this, but my experiences with Samsung are not so good :(

gTen 07-07-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1854328)
I am very torn because I really do think I want this, but my experiences with Samsung are not so good :(

Well sprint has their 30 day policy there for a reason..don't like it return it...

I mean everyone deserves a 2nd chance (except the iphone which doesn't deserve a 1st chance)

blazinazn 07-07-2010 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1854328)

What kind of problems did you have? I've had pretty good luck with my moment.

But I know exactly how you feel. Having gone through 3 Touch Pro's, it kind of soured me on HTC. Just reading through other sub forums, it always seemed to be something with all of their phones. Just seemed like the quality controlled sucks (I realize it happens with every company). Will I ever buy an HTC device? Possibly, if there is no other alternative. But for now, I think I'm going to stay away.

Granted, I know my experience with 1 device doesn't define HTC by any stretch of the imagination. People come on this board because they are A) Having issues B) looking for Roms/mods/tweaks. But when it's you having a rough go at it, it's hard to go back to something that burned you before.