PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A few Galaxy related questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
There are many ways..you can either sync through gmail and many other sync options..or if you have PIM Backup, there is an app that lets you load them up from the backup files.
Oh that's awesome, thanks.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

framos88 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to framos88

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/48...ndroid-preview

But if you may not be able to use widgets such as HTC Sense Widgets without rooting with a Sense UI interface...
would the Sense UI interface have to be redesign for the Samsung Epic or can we use a current rom with the UI interface preloaded

Last edited by framos88; 07-15-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:50 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by framos88 View Post
would the Sense UI interface have to be redesign for the Samsung Epic or can we use a exciting rom with the UI interface preloaded
The default interface is TouchWiz 3..which from people have been saying is pretty good...it has its own widgets + you can use standard android...as for getting Sense UI..it is possible but will take some time for the developers to splice in as they cant use a none samsung rom yet....but its definitely possible (it will require flashing a rom though)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Lurker

framos88 is a n00b

so what we could do is put a pretty face over the rom until someone can unlock the hardware for full customization?
Old 07-15-2010, 06:04 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
so what we could do is put a pretty face over the rom until someone can unlock the hardware for full customization?
Well the rom is pretty good as is...the only thing I can imagine you would miss off the bat is Froyo...

Otherwise we can do full customizations as Samsung released the source code to everyone..the only limiting factor is we have to use the samsung roms as a base...its not necessary a bad thing as often times even with windows mobile many chose to use stock roms as base anyways...

Visit your local T-mobile store or in a few days AT&T and maybe radioshack and you can play with the T-Mobile Vibrant...you'll be able to tell off the bat how awesome it is..the general consensus is pictures and videos do not do it justice(as in the colors look much better in person then through an lcd)...

Last edited by gTen; 07-15-2010 at 06:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Lurker

framos88 is a n00b

Well thanks you have answered alot of my questions and i can see that there will be a huge support and development community around this phone. I was wondering if you are going to get the phone and if you are from witch carrier? i have decided on the epic instead of the Evo
Old 07-15-2010, 06:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Well thanks you have answered alot of my questions and i can see that there will be a huge support and development community around this phone. I was wondering if you are going to get the phone and if you are from witch carrier? i have decided on the epic instead of the Evo
I'm on Sprint, and yes I am getting the phone..I pretty much can't use any phone without a keyboard due to my work....so its the Epic 4G either way...lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series