PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 02:39 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Galaxy S2 Rumor (lol)

Quote:
The Samsung i9000 Galaxy S hasn't even launched on U.S. carriers yet, and already rumors of a successor, the Galaxy S2, have surfaced. The Galaxy S will first hit a U.S. carrier on July 21st, as the T-T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant.

Of the other three of the big four, AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint have all announced their own variants (Captivate, Fascinate, and EPIC 4G with a keyboard). Smaller carriers have announced variants, as well.

This time the rumor mill comes via Russia. The Samsung i9200 Galaxy S2 would have the following specs:

Samsung Galaxy i9200 specs should be:
4.3” 1280 x 720 Super AMOLED 2 display
2GHz CPU
1GB RAM
4GB ROM
32GB of onboard storage
up to 32GB microSD card slot
8 mpx camera with FullHD video recording
A-GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, 802.11n wi-fi
3.5mm audio jack
Accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity and ambient light sensors
It sounds like a wish list of stuff folks would love to see in an Android device. According to the site, this should launch in early 2011 with Android 3.0.
http://www.examiner.com/x-39728-Tech...st-US-Galaxy-S

My guess though is its fake...I mean "Super AMOLED 2 display"..whats with the 2 >.>....and 1080p recording is a bit overdoing it and if they are going that far, why not just include a 10/12mp camera

not to mention..
4GB ROM
32GB of onboard storage

does not make sense..I can understand if it was 32gb total and 4gb for rom and 28gb for storage but it does not make sense in this way....

either way just wanted to share(and give this forum more threads it desperately needs lol)...now lets go back to drooling over the original Galaxy S lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 07-06-2010 at 02:41 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: Galaxy S2 Rumor (lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
http://www.examiner.com/x-39728-Tech-Buzz-Examiner~y2010m7d5-Samsung-Galaxy-S2-rumors-emerge-before-the-first-US-Galaxy-S

My guess though is its fake...I mean "Super AMOLED 2 display"..whats with the 2 >.>....and 1080p recording is a bit overdoing it and if they are going that far, why not just include a 10/12mp camera

not to mention..
4GB ROM
32GB of onboard storage

does not make sense..I can understand if it was 32gb total and 4gb for rom and 28gb for storage but it does not make sense in this way....

either way just wanted to share(and give this forum more threads it desperately needs lol)...now lets go back to drooling over the original Galaxy S lol
Dunno if it's fake or not but this article said the same thing:

http://www.rethink-wireless.com/2010...-year.htm?pg=2

"Samsung has been emulating HTC's superphone strategy recently with its Galaxy S family, so it is no surprise the Korean giant is also said to be working on a 2GHz top end and a new range to follow Galaxy S. The new phone, due to launch in the first quarter of 2011 and codenamed i9200, is reported to have a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen with 720 x 1280 resolution, 2GHz Hummingbird, 1Gb of RAM, 32Gb of storage and 8-megapixel camera."
Old 07-06-2010, 07:10 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
Dunno if it's fake or not but this article said the same thing:

http://www.rethink-wireless.com/2010...-year.htm?pg=2

"Samsung has been emulating HTC's superphone strategy recently with its Galaxy S family, so it is no surprise the Korean giant is also said to be working on a 2GHz top end and a new range to follow Galaxy S. The new phone, due to launch in the first quarter of 2011 and codenamed i9200, is reported to have a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen with 720 x 1280 resolution, 2GHz Hummingbird, 1Gb of RAM, 32Gb of storage and 8-megapixel camera."
Well just looks like they all have the same source....I am not saying that there is no such phone but the specs just look fishy..

Either way I hope after 2ghz most stop on power and focus more on energy..a phone that can be actively used for a week with no charging is long overdue >.>
Old 07-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff

Quote:
Well just looks like they all have the same source....I am not saying that there is no such phone but the specs just look fishy..

Either way I hope after 2ghz most stop on power and focus more on energy..a phone that can be actively used for a week with no charging is long overdue >.>
I'd like to see the battery tech catch up with everything else as well. But with screens getting bigger and processor getting faster, I don't see how you can make it through the day without having to charge it with the current battery technology.

Short of turning everything off and never using it.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

I agree this looks fake.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
I'd like to see the battery tech catch up with everything else as well. But with screens getting bigger and processor getting faster, I don't see how you can make it through the day without having to charge it with the current battery technology.

Short of turning everything off and never using it.
Well they can start by shipping these phones with a 1750mAh battery instead of a shitty ass 1400-1500mAh battery, thats a good start i mean the technology is already here to make 1750's the size of 14/1500 like the Seidio here > http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/basi17hev4.htm

which im getting for my baby Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
Old 07-06-2010, 06:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

once we get over 1ghz they really need to start thinking about 2000+mah batteries and hot swappable batteries (built in backup battery)
Old 07-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Just an FYI that Amazon has that battery for 18% off saving you almost 9 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Innocell-1750-Extended-Battery/dp/B003OQUKMA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1278465324&sr=1-2

Last edited by tx_jaycee; 07-06-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: wrong link - fixed
Old 07-07-2010, 01:58 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

While they do have the crappy battery life..one tech I would love to make it to a phone is the ability to take out the battery and swap in another one without shutting off the phone..like maybe a mini battery with 2min battery life inside?
Old 07-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
While they do have the crappy battery life..one tech I would love to make it to a phone is the ability to take out the battery and swap in another one without shutting off the phone..like maybe a mini battery with 2min battery life inside?
Hot swappable would definitely be a plus. I thought a phone was already capable of doing this but I might be mistaken

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series