PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 03:00 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Seems like our forum is finally getting some love

Seems like our forum is finally getting some love...we got sub categories now to fill up :P

Now all we need to do si get more ppl in here and interested in the device..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Seems like our forum is finally getting some love

Yup, I'm trying to organize a few things, so suggestions are welcome

I know this forum is going to be mostly for CDMA, but we might as well offer some GSM love too lol.

If it gets rooted early then this *could* be a big device for us. Since its rumored to be coming to all major US carriers.

I'm interested in seeing on in person as long as they don't make it like a brick like the Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2's were lol.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to strickly_ppc670

Any rumors about a release date?
----------Priceless ----------
Old 07-06-2010, 03:25 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Yup, I'm trying to organize a few things, so suggestions are welcome

I know this forum is going to be mostly for CDMA, but we might as well offer some GSM love too lol.

If it gets rooted early then this *could* be a big device for us. Since its rumored to be coming to all major US carriers.

I'm interested in seeing on in person as long as they don't make it like a brick like the Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2's were lol.
Well the Galaxy S has already been rooted..probably the fastest root ever since Samsung actually open sourced it...of course it is possible that the carriers will have samsung apply newer firmware to it :/

It definitely isn't gonna be a brick, epic 4g weights less then the EVO and only slightly thicker..the original Galaxy S is almost as thin as an iphone 4...and again weights less...They even rounded off the edges so ppl don't call it a brick

I have no problem with GSM..if anything I expect most of the improvements from CDMA coming from GSM as the GSM one..since its going to be in 110 countries which most of them my guess are GSM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by strickly_ppc670 View Post
Any rumors about a release date?
Check out the release date thread..while there isn't much information everything that comes out is there...I update it daily..

Last edited by gTen; 07-06-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I might be getting my Sprint line back from my brother-in-law, so this might be a device I'll look into. If I do, then I'll have whatever Sprint phone I decide on and the Nexus One on At&t
Old 07-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond 2
Carrier: orange

msdams is a n00b

its a very good site for download rom
Old 07-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I am very torn because I really do think I want this, but my experiences with Samsung are not so good
Old 07-07-2010, 01:18 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
I am very torn because I really do think I want this, but my experiences with Samsung are not so good
Well sprint has their 30 day policy there for a reason..don't like it return it...

I mean everyone deserves a 2nd chance (except the iphone which doesn't deserve a 1st chance)
Old 07-07-2010, 07:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
What kind of problems did you have? I've had pretty good luck with my moment.

But I know exactly how you feel. Having gone through 3 Touch Pro's, it kind of soured me on HTC. Just reading through other sub forums, it always seemed to be something with all of their phones. Just seemed like the quality controlled sucks (I realize it happens with every company). Will I ever buy an HTC device? Possibly, if there is no other alternative. But for now, I think I'm going to stay away.

Granted, I know my experience with 1 device doesn't define HTC by any stretch of the imagination. People come on this board because they are A) Having issues B) looking for Roms/mods/tweaks. But when it's you having a rough go at it, it's hard to go back to something that burned you before.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series