PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Series (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Galaxy S Pro Spec Leaked (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125905)

gTen 06-20-2010 10:25 PM

Galaxy S Pro Spec Leaked

Samsung Galaxy S Pro hardware

Size: It's a tad shorter (about a half-inch) and more narrow (about three-eights of an inch) than the Sprint Evo 4G, but it's thick. Not surprising, given the slide-out keyboard.
Keyboard: Slider mechanism is very smooth and clicks in place when closed. The keys are raised, made of soft plastic. They're pretty firm when pressed.
Body: Our tipster wasn't impressed by the plastic feel, though it could just be a prototype thing.
Processor: Samsung/Intrinsity ARM Cortex A8 @ 1GHz.
Screen: "Gorgeous," which is about what we hear anybody say when they're first exposed to Super AMOLED. Blacks are very dark, "almost look wet." Font edges look a tad fuzzy, like on the Nexus One. But when viewing white text on a black background, they're very easy to read. The resolution appears to be 480x800. The screen size is noticeably smaller than the Evo 4G, but bigger than the Nexus One. So it may well be the same 4-inch screen that's on the Galaxy S. Very responsive, only needed a light touch. "Never used anything so fluid." Feels a little plasticy.
Memory: 512MB of RAM. There was 8.2 gigabytes of ROM, which possibly could be re-allocated to phone storage/internal storage, much like the Verizon Droid Incredible. But that's speculation on our part.
WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n.
Cameras: 5MP rear-facing camera with 1x optical zoom, 720p recording. Front-facing camera is VGA.
Other radios: EVDO Rev. A./Wimax. Additional SIM card slot points to possible World phone.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...s-begin-emerge

So confirmations of 512mb ram, a 4 inch screen and a world phone?!?!?

w7excursion 06-21-2010 01:02 AM

Re: Galaxy S Pro Spec Leaked

I'm listening but not a big samsung fan.

orangekid 06-21-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w7excursion (Post 1827121)
I'm listening but not a big samsung fan.

agreed, but the samsung chip is a lot better than the snapdragon as far as GPU goes and speed seems to be pretty great too, as long as the dev community somewhat supports this it could be a good phone to get.

ppcgpirate 06-21-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1826889)
Samsung Galaxy S Pro hardware

Size: It's a tad shorter (about a half-inch) and more narrow (about three-eights of an inch) than the Sprint Evo 4G, but it's thick. Not surprising, given the slide-out keyboard.
Keyboard: Slider mechanism is very smooth and clicks in place when closed. The keys are raised, made of soft plastic. They're pretty firm when pressed.
Body: Our tipster wasn't impressed by the plastic feel, though it could just be a prototype thing.
Processor: Samsung/Intrinsity ARM Cortex A8 @ 1GHz.
Screen: "Gorgeous," which is about what we hear anybody say when they're first exposed to Super AMOLED. Blacks are very dark, "almost look wet." Font edges look a tad fuzzy, like on the Nexus One. But when viewing white text on a black background, they're very easy to read. The resolution appears to be 480x800. The screen size is noticeably smaller than the Evo 4G, but bigger than the Nexus One. So it may well be the same 4-inch screen that's on the Galaxy S. Very responsive, only needed a light touch. "Never used anything so fluid." Feels a little plasticy.
Memory: 512MB of RAM. There was 8.2 gigabytes of ROM, which possibly could be re-allocated to phone storage/internal storage, much like the Verizon Droid Incredible. But that's speculation on our part.
WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n.
Cameras: 5MP rear-facing camera with 1x optical zoom, 720p recording. Front-facing camera is VGA.
Other radios: EVDO Rev. A./Wimax. Additional SIM card slot points to possible World phone.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...s-begin-emerge

So confirmations of 512mb ram, a 4 inch screen and a world phone?!?!?

"Font edges look a tad fuzzy" is code for Pentile matrix display. I guess I might be able to live with that.....

redd214 06-22-2010 06:53 AM

oh a sim slot too!! if we can get this puppy hacked to run on tmobile just like our tp2s i will be in heavan!! thanks for the info gten

radar369 06-28-2010 09:41 AM

I wonder if this Galaxy S had the suped up gpu like the one I saw back in March? You know, the one that runs like........70 million triangles per second?

gTen 06-28-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radar369 (Post 1841253)
I wonder if this Galaxy S had the suped up gpu like the one I saw back in March? You know, the one that runs like........70 million triangles per second?

Yes..it does and that 90 million triangles..you have permission to drool now..

The Sapient 06-28-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1841295)
Yes..it does and that 90 million triangles..you have permission to drool now..

This is mostly important for gaming, yes?

gTen 06-28-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Sapient (Post 1842247)
This is mostly important for gaming, yes?

not only gaming..it is important for video and anything else that benefits from hardware acceleration..like flash..and even rendering the OS UI.

The Sapient 06-28-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1842271)
not only gaming..it is important for video and anything else that benefits from hardware acceleration..like flash..and even rendering the OS UI.

Gah. That is a big deal then. This phone makes me drool.