PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 04:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Rumors of Release Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitzsars View Post
Attached. Hope this helps
Nice! I'll add it to the first post!

I would kind of expected sprint to promote the device earlier in advanced but either way it looks like a lead!

Edit: See if you can get more information from that agent

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 07-14-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

omgitzsars is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Nice! I'll add it to the first post!

I would kind of expected sprint to promote the device earlier in advanced but either way it looks like a lead!

Edit: See if you can get more information from that agent
This is just a wild guess, but I think Sprint might be pushing up the release date due to the shortage of Evos. That could be why there's such a short turnaround between details and possible release date. Plus, if I'm remembering correctly, there was about a 2-week turnaround between T-Mob's announcement and its official release date. Of course I could be completely wrong since these are just educated guesses.
By the way, thanks for the warm welcome to the forums!! I really appreciate it!

Edit: I emailed my EVP rep. Attached is her reply. Hope this helps everyone!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg email2.JPG (39.2 KB, 63 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by omgitzsars; 07-14-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Don't know if this is true or not but...

I read on another forum that the reason for the lack of announcement was that TMobile or the GSM partners (which may include AT&T) has a short exclusive contract with Samsung at the moment so Sprint/Verizon can't legally say when the phone is released. In other words TMobile and company might get x days worth of non competition sales before the CDMA carriers can actually give a release date. No idea what x is though, could be 14, 30, 60 days etc.

And no--I don't remember what the forum name was that said this, I was looking for what the charging station could possibly look like with a top mounted USB connector and came across that post at that time.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Samsung Epic

JHComputerGuy is keeping up the good workJHComputerGuy is keeping up the good work

I just called Sprint telesales and asked when the Epic is coming out. She put me on hold for a bit and then came back and said that they do not have an exact date but she believes it will be out later this month.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Angry Re: Rumors of Release Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHComputerGuy View Post
I just called Sprint telesales and asked when the Epic is coming out. She put me on hold for a bit and then came back and said that they do not have an exact date but she believes it will be out later this month.
I hope your right, I had a web chat with Sprint earlier today with " Agent (Adam K) " and got a form letter that made me sad, "Sprint will announce pricing for the Samsung Epic in the coming months. Meanwhile you can learn about the advanced features of this new device and signup to receive updates at www.sprint.com/epic."

Notice how it said coming months...

This really burns me up because if this is true, it should SHIP with Froyo and not Eclair.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Lightbulb Re: Rumors of Release Dates

Well I guess this could explain why the Epic release date hasn't been mentioned yet. Probably want to wait for it to pass the FCC tests first...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/20/s...-fcc-approval/
Old 07-20-2010, 08:47 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
Well I guess this could explain why the Epic release date hasn't been mentioned yet. Probably want to wait for it to pass the FCC tests first...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/20/s...-fcc-approval/
Yeah but says they submitted it to th FCC on 7/14..which is kinda meant they were taking their time :/
Old 07-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

someone on a dif forum said they held a mock epic at a radio shack and also stated the r.s person said august 11. lol but he might be blowing smoke up ppls a$$es
Old 08-10-2010, 01:31 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
EPIC 4g Release date WHEN!! nevermind

this phone is taking for ever just to have a release date. Everyone instead of the phone is actually waiting to just hear of a actuall official released date then were gonna have to wait until that date to get our hands on it. If sprint takes any longer they might be making a big mistake because so many new phones coming out by the end of the year with better specs froyo will not be the latest gingerbread would be out by then so probably by the time it actually hits stores it will be outdated somewhat.

*just blowing some steam of frustation for it not being released yet that is all*
Old 08-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: EPIC 4g Release date WHEN!! nevermind

Merged "EPIC 4g Release date WHEN!! nevermind" into "Rumors of Release Dates".

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Tags
released on epic