PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ppcgpirate is keeping up the good workppcgpirate is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Samsung Galaxy S Pro

Does that look like a 4" screen? I also hope the super amoled isn't a pentile display.

http://androidcommunity.com/exclusiv...-pro-20100614/
[EXCLUSIVE] More Pictures of the Galaxy S Pro

14 June 2010 by David Junior

Well, it’s safe to say that the cat is out of the bag. And it brought a few other kitties with it. Not only will the Galaxy S Pro release on Sprint soon, the Galaxy S be joining it. The tipster didn’t mention if the Galaxy S was a 4G phone as well but I suspect that it is. Oh and here are a few more pictures of the Pro after the break.

Let’s start off with a slight correction, in my initial post I said the Galaxy S Pro has a 4 row keyboard. Guess I was too excited to count because it has a 5 row keyboard and it looks great. This handset will ship with Android 2.1 and TouchWiz 3.0. It has a 5 MP camera with LED flash, yes I said it, it has an LED flash which is absent from the Galaxy S.

If you were skeptical about the inclusion of the LED flash and the 4G capabilities, I’m sure the picture above has successfully put those doubts to rest. Although, the tipster didn’t have an official spec sheet, he did say that this shares all the specs as the Galaxy S but has a keyboard. He’s been testing it and it’s just as fast as the Galaxy S. I would think that it’s safe to say that this has the same 1GHZ processor and 512 RAM and ROM as the S. The “hummingbird” GPU should be included as well. Stay tuned for some confirmed specs whenever they come in. Sprint might as well announce these now, the secret is out.

Last edited by ppcgpirate; 06-16-2010 at 09:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

i am interested in this phone from first glance n specs
Old 06-16-2010, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work
Re: Samsung Galaxy S Pro

Why is pentile bad? I'm also concerned about the Touch Wiz UI and that first looks at the Galaxy S report cheap materials. And I'm curious as to how think the phone will be.

There is a lot to like about this, though, especially if it comes with Froyo.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:44 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

You can disable the Touchwiz UI...also from the taken apart of the original Galaxy S, the inside seemed very modular..

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/06/14...bares-all.html

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
You can disable the Touchwiz UI...also from the taken apart of the original Galaxy S, the inside seemed very modular..

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/06/14...bares-all.html
It looks very nice, I am just not a fan of Samsung phones...Been burnt a couple of times. I do like that Sprint is going to be throwing out some good looking phones that can compete with other carriers.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:43 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

me no like, front page has same talk going on.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 06-16-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

ppcgpirate is keeping up the good workppcgpirate is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sapient View Post
Why is pentile bad? I'm also concerned about the Touch Wiz UI and that first looks at the Galaxy S report cheap materials. And I'm curious as to how think the phone will be.

There is a lot to like about this, though, especially if it comes with Froyo.
didn't want to link to another forum but this guy explains it pretty well,

http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...tml#post860842

That being said, no one has really complained about the galaxy S display so far (it's out overseas). it could be that samsung didn't use a pentile matrix or they fixed whatever problem the early pentile matrix displays had.

here is engadget previewing the non pro version of the phone w/ video,
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/16/s...axy-s-preview/

Last edited by ppcgpirate; 06-16-2010 at 09:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i really like this phone from what ive seen so far. still waiting for the final specs but im seriously considering opening a sprint account and picking this up. would compliment my incredible very nicely !
Old 06-17-2010, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul(RIP), Pro2, evo4
Carrier: sprint

hidaya is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to hidaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

i am interested in this phone from first glance n specs

so how does these specs stack up against the Evo?
Old 06-17-2010, 03:47 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaya View Post
so how does these specs stack up against the Evo?

http://sean-the-electrofreak.blogspo...agon-1ghz.html

the Galaxy S Pro though has things like Flash for camera..

to sum it up Galaxy S beats EVO in everything except camera which front is VGA while EVO is 1.3mp and back is 5mp while EVO is 8..otherwise Galaxy S wins 2x fold in many other specs

Last edited by gTen; 06-17-2010 at 03:55 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series