PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
http://sean-the-electrofreak.blogspo...agon-1ghz.html

the Galaxy S Pro though has things like Flash for camera..

to sum it up Galaxy S beats EVO in everything except camera which front is VGA while EVO is 1.3mp and back is 5mp while EVO is 8..otherwise Galaxy S wins 2x fold in many other specs
Interesting piece. Evo does have some advantages other than those you mentioned. IMO, Sense is the best Android skin, and the larger screen is preferable. There is also a lot we don't know about the Galaxy S Pro. How much RAM does it have? How is the construction? How quickly will it get Froyo?

Both seem like fantastic phones. I think I will choose one, but I don't know which.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:03 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sapient View Post
Interesting piece. Evo does have some advantages other than those you mentioned. IMO, Sense is the best Android skin, and the larger screen is preferable. There is also a lot we don't know about the Galaxy S Pro. How much RAM does it have? How is the construction? How quickly will it get Froyo?

Both seem like fantastic phones. I think I will choose one, but I don't know which.
It is either 256mb or 512mb but most point toward 512mb....(probably the demo device was 512mb but they upped it)

The screen size difference is 0.3..but don't forget Super AMOLED is worth way more then 0.3 screen size...

Construction they have a dissemble video..read earlier post. Sense UI isn't an advantage or disadvantage..it is an interface..if you root the device you can get anything you want...The default interface they have is Touch Wiz 3.0 but you can disable it if you don't like it.

In the demo it was 2.1 but its possible by time it is released it will come with Froyo..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

still no word on a release date ?
Old 06-17-2010, 09:28 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

still no word on a release date ?
I am keeping track here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125524

What was given was sometime this summer..BUT..early September unfortunately counts as summer too (Thats what happened with TP2)..

If sprint is smart they will release it in July shortly after the new iPhone.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
It is either 256mb or 512mb but most point toward 512mb....(probably the demo device was 512mb but they upped it)

The screen size difference is 0.3..but don't forget Super AMOLED is worth way more then 0.3 screen size...

Construction they have a dissemble video..read earlier post. Sense UI isn't an advantage or disadvantage..it is an interface..if you root the device you can get anything you want...The default interface they have is Touch Wiz 3.0 but you can disable it if you don't like it.

In the demo it was 2.1 but its possible by time it is released it will come with Froyo..
Don't get me wrong. I think this looks like a top tier phone. I was just mentioning some concerns and, "weaknesses" isn't the right word, but maybe points of interesting comparison. I mean, I would love a phone with a 4.3 Super AMOLED screen with the IPhone 4's pixel density. But no phone will have every currently available feature I would like.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TripleAgent is just getting started

I wanted an Evo with a keyboard, I think this is close enough...
Old 06-17-2010, 11:55 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sapient View Post
Don't get me wrong. I think this looks like a top tier phone. I was just mentioning some concerns and, "weaknesses" isn't the right word, but maybe points of interesting comparison. I mean, I would love a phone with a 4.3 Super AMOLED screen with the IPhone 4's pixel density. But no phone will have every currently available feature I would like.
Well its hard to judge until you actually see it in your hand..maybe 4 is enough...mostly considering you have a physical keyboard..on EVO when you type a part of the screen is covered by keyboard for those things.

As for iPhone's pixel density...more density is nice but iPhone has a weird resolution...it gets a bit out of hand when a company makes it own none standard resolutions...

But yes, everyone has their own preferences.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hoping 2 get Epic 4g

frontrunner11 is a n00b

I don't know if I should wait for this phone or the moment 2, because I was kind of anxious for that until I started hearing about the galaxy s pro would be with sprint.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

this is the moment 2 basically. all the previous rumors of the moment 2 line up with this phone. its the moment 2 in spirit i guess you couuld say
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hoping 2 get Epic 4g

frontrunner11 is a n00b

Oh.....well..I guess I don't have much of a hard choice to make now, thanks.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series