PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S III
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
4.1.2 Update?

Anybody get it yet?
I hear there is keyboard issues and maybe battery issues.
I havent seen it ota yet and I probably won't install until I hear better reviews.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: 4.1.2 Update?

Hey Thundaar!! Have not see it here on these two S3's. I am Verizon here, who are you with again?

Old 03-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Older than Dirt!
Threadstarter

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community

Im with Sprint. I googled to see if the update is out and its been out for a few days but loads of complaints about keyboard lag and battery drain. I wanted to try the multi window thing or split screen. Whatever they call it!

How ya been? Spring is finally in the air!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Ah, I see. Yes, the split screen is pretty nice. I have been using it for a few days by running the Team Synergy Rom. I will say that I have had zero problems with this Rom if you are interested in trying it out. The Rom supports all carriers.

I have been doing well! Yes, I am totally a summer girl, so this is a welcome change. How have you been?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Older than Dirt!
Threadstarter

Work, work, work, as soon as it gets warmer, im takin some time off!

I should really man-up and flash a rom....
Old 03-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Older than Dirt!
Threadstarter

Ok... so I got notified the update was ready to install. I just got weak and installed it. Not much different.
Keyboard has zero lag. It used to have a slight lag but now it pops right up! When i held down the period key i used to get some smilyes. Thats gone. And predictive text is slightly different too.
Battery seems ok. No noticeable difference so far.
Folders now close automatically when the app you used is closed.
New program called group that I'll never use. That's all I see! No problems so far....

Sent from my SG3 using the PPCGeeks App!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Cool, thanks for the update. Does your predictive text highlight in blue the suggested word in the middle of the screen?
Old 03-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Older than Dirt!
Threadstarter

Blue it is! I do wish auto correct was still there. I never had to fix anything unless it picked the wrong word. Apple won that lawsuit. .lol
No split screen though. I don't think. If I did have it, how would I do it. Maybe I'm just missing something.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Long press the back button on the bottom right. At least that is how it works on this Rom!

Sent from my SCH-I535 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 03-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Older than Dirt!
Threadstarter

So while I'm using an app, do that.
Does second app need to be running already?
Any app will work? Internet and texting?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S III