PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S III

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 12:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

cmptekinc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Email & Txt notifications delayed update

Hey Guys,

I finally pulled the plug on my WP7 phone and switched to Galaxy S3. I love this phone, but do have some issues and wondering if anyone can suggest how to fix the problems.
I have 4 e-mail accounts setup on the phone, 2x Gmail,1 x Comcast and 1 x Exchange - work.
It seems that e-mail and text notifications do not update correctly. Notifications display that I have x amount of messages, but even after reading the message, notifications do not disappear, the only way to display correct amount of new messages is to restart the phone. So if I just received 3 new e-mail messages and 1 text, that info will display until the phone is restarted.. ANy suggestions ?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:23 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I haven't had those issues but I'm on a custom ROM. Have you thought about rooting and switching?

Sent from my SPH-L710 on the PPCGeeks App

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

cmptekinc is just getting started
Re: Email & Txt notifications delayed update

Actually i don't really want to root my GS3 due to company policy.
I shouldn't say delayed update but more of an issue with read mail or text notifications not updating. I read the email or text yet on the home screen it still shows unread message. Restarting the device clears the notification, but i don't want to restart every time i read a message. It's especially annoying as I use it for work and i constantly have to look my mail... any other suggestions guys?
Old 07-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung SGH-i747
Carrier: ATT

hkeyman is a n00b
Re: Email & Txt notifications delayed update

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptekinc View Post
Actually i don't really want to root my GS3 due to company policy.
I shouldn't say delayed update but more of an issue with read mail or text notifications not updating. I read the email or text yet on the home screen it still shows unread message. Restarting the device clears the notification, but i don't want to restart every time i read a message. It's especially annoying as I use it for work and i constantly have to look my mail... any other suggestions guys?
Possible you need to clear the data from the the messaging app or the Framework itself in the Applications>All menu. Hope this helps.
[Kernel] CyanogenMod 3.0.38
[Baseband] I747UCLEM

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S III