PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S III
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rooting the S3

I just wanted to start a thread here on the topic of S3 rooting. I have found instructions on other sites but this has always been my home site for PPC guidance. So let's get some chatter here.
Here are some links to tutorials:
How to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 | Reviews | CNET UK
How to root the Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710

It is still a little sticky with the locked bootloader but you can bet the XDA boys are hot on it.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Rooting the S3

I thought only the Verizon version had locked boot?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 07-16-2012, 09:30 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I am not sure. The poster did not state his carrier. I may try to root today. I was going to wait until the 14 day trial ended but I just can't stand to have a non-rooted phone. There must be 50 Crap apps on here and it is loaded with promos.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

will if its the Verizon version they got a bounty going its up to $2400
[BOUNTY] First to Unlock or Patch Bootloader on Verizon Galaxy S III - xda-developers
Old 07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The Sprint version was super easy. Took me 5 minuets to root & install the Blazer ROM. Loving it so far just got it today.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:45 AM
MLB
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: T-Mobile

MLB is a n00b
Rooting the SGS3 [T-Mobile: SGH-T999]

[ROOT, CWM, BUSYBOX, etc.] Exclusively for the T-MOBILE SAMSUNG GALAXY S III (GSM), MODEL # SGH-T999.

[SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 QCOM TOOLKIT V1.0] Drivers Backup Root CWM BusyBox + MORE [TMO].

INTRO:
British Developer ''mskip'' -- famous for his cutting-edge ''Toolkit'' series for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, has developed and released a similar ''ROOT Toolkit'' for the T-Mobile version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 (GSM), Model Number: SGH-T999.

I have used his ''Toolkit'' on every one of my G-Nex i9250's and have never been disappointed: Fast + Easy + and SAFE!

IMPORTANT TO NOTE: This Specific ''Toolkit'' is EXCLUSIVELY FOR the T-MOBILE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 (GSM), MODEL # SGH-T999 --- NOT for the i9300 "International-version S III" phone!

SOOOO .... IF you have T-Mobile's ''S3 T999'', then you just might want to take a good look at what is now available for your phone, in terms of ''Drivers Backup'', ''Root'', ''CWM'', ''BusyBox'' ... and more! (As you will see, the actual d/l package file is entitled: ''SGS3 Snapdragon Toolkit v.1.0'').

HERE ARE THE DETAILS:
Developer ''mskip'' 's Introduction and Detailed Explanation can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1746682
Old 07-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 1 Evo LTE 1 Samsung GSIII & Toshiba Excite 10

meccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
The Sprint version was super easy. Took me 5 minuets to root & install the Blazer ROM. Loving it so far just got it today.
Warchild....any links to the method you used and did you apply the available update before hand?thanks
Old 07-20-2012, 08:03 PM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccadon123 View Post
Warchild....any links to the method you used and did you apply the available update before hand?thanks
I did not apply any updates before but I don't don't think it matters HERE is the method I used. Go to the how to root and follow the links. Its shows you everything to use.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:43 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yeah, I am rooted. Used the QCom tool. Pretty simple. Still on stock Rom. Looking around to see what I like.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:02 PM
War is the answer!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

Blazer ROM is fast and stable with low battery consumption. Its what I'm using until something better comes along.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S III

Tags
root, s3