PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=447)
-   -   AT&T VS T-Mobile (Who Should I Go With Help Please?) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=151643)

n1nj4Lo 02-23-2013 09:11 PM

AT&T VS T-Mobile (Who Should I Go With Help Please?)

I found out I'm eligible at both for no deposit/down payment on a contract on both Note 2's?

Already with T-Mobile Prepaid and I really like AT&T's Note 2 cause it goes up to 2100 frequency and has the optional charging pins... Stuck at a dilemma, I love T-Mobile's coverage, but the fact that I don't think their Note 2 is LTE Capable(I may be wrong?) and it doesn't have the optional charging pins holds me back from it, but I also noticed that T-Mobile's Note 2 is roughly 8MPBS Faster, at least the connection is at their location verses AT&T's location and their Note 2. Plus T-Mobile has the no data caps plan... >_<

So topsy turvy!!! At a toss up here. Damn if I could afford to buy an out of contract AT&T Note 2 SIM Unlocked I would and stick with T-Mobile. LMAO! But that's doubling the price.

AT&T SpeedTest.net 21MPBS
T-Mobile SpeedTest.net 29MPBS

Trying to find a users opinion between both carriers. Pro's and Con's?

EyeB 02-25-2013 01:27 AM

Re: AT&T VS T-Mobile (Who Should I Go With Help Please?)

depending on how long you want to wait... if plans dont get dropped, tmobile will be using att's 4g bands T-Mobile now offers 4G speeds for AT&T and unlocked phones in 23 metro areas | Android and Me

Samsung Galaxy Note II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia shows tmobile's have the charging pins but they are disabled, not sure if you can enable them

n1nj4Lo 02-25-2013 09:13 PM

I wonder if since the AT&T Version goes up to the 2100 Frequency if I'd get even faster speeds?
Quote:

but T-Mobile’s existing 4G HSPA+ network operated on 1700/2100 MHz.
T-Mobile told me, LTE Will be available here in Atlanta by April...

Fat Tony 03-08-2013 11:23 AM

If you are going to Root & Rom your Note 2, it really doesn't matter who you go with. You can overclock, and free tether plus a bunch of other crap that I am sure you already know.

Tmob has unlimited data. I've been with them for a while and I tether everything to it and they never complained or said I was using too much data like Sprint did to me a few times.

AT&T? Extra charging pins. Yay.

The Note 2 if rooted and rom'd properly (not to mention kernels and whatnot) will last you all day. I abuse that phone and it lasts 12+ hours.

You can always buy the AT&T version and unlock it yourself to get it to work on Tmob. Not sure what's involved in that process, but I remember the Note1 being a nightmare.

What's more important to you? Unlimited data or extra charging pins? The speed thing is going to vary place to place. Sure you'll get 29 there but here and some other places you'll be lucky to hit 20. And when you really need it, it'll be at 9. When you don't it'll be at 73.

n1nj4Lo 03-08-2013 07:50 PM

Yup I finally got lucky and won an auction for a mint condition AT&T Note 2 for $330.00 bucks got it so cheap cause there's a hairline crack on the bottom of the screen that's barely even noticeable...

I have unlocked myself and installed the hidden 3g/4g T-Mobile modem drivers just gotta pick out a custom rom now to use as my daily driver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 on the PPCGeeks App

kenton_supreme 04-18-2013 02:49 PM

Whichever one has the best coverage in your area.