PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Nexus Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 06:51 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM]|Icee_Modz_1.0.6|05-13-12|Simple,Stock,Bugfree....

[ROM]|Icee-Modz_1.0.6|05-13-12|Simple, Stock, and Bugless, with native tethering.
This is very simple the ROM is intended to serve as a ROM for people who are like me who likes the stock ROM but with a little customization, and enjoys the ICS OS without some of the customizations found in the AOSP choices that we have so far. The goal for this is simple, stock, and bugless as a ROM can be and there is no donate button in the ROM. It uses mods and battery saving techniques that I found to work for me, but like I said since this is more of a modded stock ROM I'll keep this intro brief.

Features:
Build.prop tweaks for performance and to perserve battery life
Dalvik Cache moved to cache
Super User (root) and Busy Box
Build.prop tweaks to force GPU rendering
Zipaligning on boot
Native Tethering

I also have customized some settings for better user experience (well at least for me). I am keeping this simple so I'll tell you now I like how the stock ROM works so I have not added any of the CM Mods or Kang Mods and probably won't as of now. Also I am not gonna post any screen shots since this is a re-vamp of what you got out of the box and there is no visual customizations added since all of my tweaks are to the apps and settings. ....... anyway take a chance try this out let me know what ya think ...........

Download for today
http://www.mediafire.com/?ws5d7hbdpkjvk3d

As always make sure you know how to flash a ROM before using this or you may encounter problems or even brick your device please follow these instructions:

1: Factory reset data and system wipe
2: Wipe cache
3: Install ROM .zip file
4: Reboot

To ensure that you get the best out of my preset customizations don't sign into google services when you setup the ROM you can always do this later, try the rom out as is to put it to the test before you add your customizations and settings to it.

ENJOY

JD

NOTE: The Google Apps provided in this ROM is to be only used with the Sprint branded variant of the Galaxy Nexus and not to be redistributed to any other device not licensed to Sprint or not a Sprint variant Galaxy Nexus, the Google Apps are the property of GOOGLE and should be respected as such and if need be I will demolish all links to Google property should I be asked to.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Sprint

Anon9mouz is keeping up the good workAnon9mouz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Anon9mouz Send a message via Yahoo to Anon9mouz
Welcome just me and u tell everyone else to post here too lol. Let's get ppcgeeks back

Rom: Stock as hell non-rooted knocking shit down
Radio: Stock i guess idk hehe
Kernel: Stock and loven it
I envy the dumb ones.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Nexus Development