PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Neoatheist is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Album Re-organization

Alright, so this is probably not an issue exclusive to the Epic 4G Touch, but since I have no other phones with which to test, I must posit this question here. I have noticed that when I open my music application, it has rearranged all of my albums' songs into alphabetical order. This might not seem like much of an issue, but a great deal of the music that I listen to really should be enjoyed in the order with which it was intended. I have tried going through the application settings and found nothing. I downloaded another app and that one did it too. Viewing my music file from the file manager, everything is in it's proper order. Does anyone have an idea as to how I may fix this problem? Anything would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:18 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
What do you mean by "proper order?"

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks
Old 03-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

Neoatheist is a n00b
Re: Album Re-organization

Like the order in which it would appear on the album.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:11 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Have you tried the google music app? That's the one I use, caner with the ROM, and is not alphabetical.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Same here. Music appears inside each album in order.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

CCyanescens is a n00b
Re: Album Re-organization

I don't know if this was considered resolved because the last two people that posted didn't seem to have the problem.

I have looked in the Samsung "Music" app as well as the Google Music app (now called "Play Music"), and the tracks are listed in alphabetical order (under the Albums) even though they are named (and most have metadata) with the actual track sequence numbers.

The only way to play the album in order is to create a playlist, which pretty much negates the convenience of having my library sorted into Albums, since I'd have to go to the Playlists to get the desired behavior.

My (strong) preference would be to have everything work in the Samsung Music app, which unfortunately does not see the m3u playlists that Google Play Music sees. I do, however, prefer the navigation/interface of the Samsung Music app, and having the play/pause and seek/skip buttons accessible from the lock screen is a HUGE advantage.

Any help guys?
TIA.

Last edited by CCyanescens; 04-27-2012 at 02:32 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch