PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Epic Touch (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=395)
-   -   GPS problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149100)

sacr3d 02-12-2012 01:10 AM

GPS problem

Hey guys and gals,

I'm sure someone has had to have this problem or seen it around.

My GPS does not lock on me any more what so ever.

Check GPS in settings, its enabled.
Tried using GPS toolkit.
Tried GPS test.
Wiped my phone twice.
Anything that uses "my location" does not work.

GPS does not work no matter where I'm at. I've tried in countless areas and it does not work.

When I go to google maps and hit "my location" it says "Waiting for location" and then comes back "Your current location is temporarily unavailable".

Its worked perfectly fine until these last 2 months.

I know that my phone has received some updates that seem to have been Samsung phone related updates, but I can't recall exactly when my phone's GPS stopped functioning.

Internet works fine. I can search random things, I can watch youtube videos, I can play games online, but I cannot rely on my phone for any last minute directions.

Other than my phone being defective I have no clue.

horndoctor 02-12-2012 03:16 AM

Re: GPS problem

I don't know if you can do this on your device but maybe you could do the dial ##786# and reset to reset EPST and hard reset the phone then you'll have to reprogram your number. You'll need your MSL to do this. Maybe call sprint tech support and have them give you your MSL and walk you through it or go to a sprint store and ask them to do it. If you can it will reset it back to how it was when you first got it and should help to troubleshoot so you'll know if you have a hardware problem or not.

demonlordoftheround 02-12-2012 03:33 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Sounds to me like the gps chip is dead. If you have insurance, get a replacement.

EyeB 02-12-2012 04:46 AM

not an android phone but today I had problems with my gps on touch pro 2

For some reason I had to reprovision it, not sure why because the gps works in airplane mode :S but it worked afterwards so maybe do same on android, but I don't know how that would be done

sacr3d 02-18-2012 02:22 PM

Well, I don't have insurance on the phone, but I bought this Last October. So its still under warranty.

My GPS actually worked when I was going down a street and I was like OMG it works!!! Soon as I get home and test it again (and every where else I went) it didn't work.

Maybe my GPS chip is dead or dying slowly. I'm going to take it into a Sprint repair store and hope that they fix it.

ColdSton3 12-25-2012 04:00 PM

Problem Solved With Me >> The GPS FAIL
The Error Msg Was " your current location is temporarily unavailable "
i Tried Many Things... Searched The WEB Didnt Get a Fast Solution..... Let Me Say The Solve Before u Get Bored
i Just Uninstalled Advanced Task Killer Pro And Restarted The Mobile And Run Google Map & The GPS IS WORKING !!!
It Seems Advanced Task Manager Killer Pro Was Killing The GPS Cuz i Downloaded a GPS TEST And Didnt Give Me a Pulse lol....
It Worked For Me... i Heared Ppl Saying They Restored The Phone And Still Didnt Work... Well Give a GO And Tell Us Wat Happened With u
1 More Thing... Make Sure u Turn Off Ur Power Saving Too....

Feed So The Other Can Know Plz
Thanks Have a Great Time !!

masetas 03-31-2013 05:24 PM

i Know this thread is old and the OP might have had his issue fixed by now.... but just wanted to put out there without creating a new thread just for this that the new GB27 leak and official rom gps works alot better usually get lock in about 2 seconds.