PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 07:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OTA Update (EL29)

I've seen people talking about this update in other forums...and that it may take up to 10 days for it to be OTA to our phone...but something came up today that caused me to wonder wth is going on. I went to a local gas station to get a pack of cigs (I know, I know) and the cashier saw my phone and told me they have the same phone, but one thing she told me caught me off guard. Her phone already got the EL29 update a few days ago, and she live just a few miles North of me. Why is it that she already got the update but I havn't? Does Sprint go by cell tower location or what? I've never understood how Sprint releases these updates OTA. Does anyone know how it all works, like by phone number, ESN # or what? I wish I could force the update from the update settings menu...istead of having to wait for it.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos
Re: OTA Update (EL29)

Not sure. I was looking forward to that update as well. Last night I got impatient and did an ODIN flash of the Stock EL29 pre-rooted. Can't say I noticed any improvement with CIQ stripped off, but happy that is gone.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09
I've seen people talking about this update in other forums...and that it may take up to 10 days for it to be OTA to our phone...but something came up today that caused me to wonder wth is going on. I went to a local gas station to get a pack of cigs (I know, I know) and the cashier saw my phone and told me they have the same phone, but one thing she told me caught me off guard. Her phone already got the EL29 update a few days ago, and she live just a few miles North of me. Why is it that she already got the update but I havn't? Does Sprint go by cell tower location or what? I've never understood how Sprint releases these updates OTA. Does anyone know how it all works, like by phone number, ESN # or what? I wish I could force the update from the update settings menu...istead of having to wait for it.
I've noticed that the update notification always seems to appear after a reboot, so you might try a couple of those a day.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:44 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
I'm rooted on new senzation ROM, and I got the el29 update message today? Does it work on rooted Roms?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks
Old 02-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Almost a VIP

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I think it will fail, especially if you have clockwork mod recovery. Calkulin has a zip of the system, modem over at xda if you do.

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 02-02-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Almost a VIP

There is a tar of the stock EL29 over at xda also.

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 02-02-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Happy with this update so far. Still struggling to tether though. Stock apps are denying me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 02-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Almost a VIP

Re: OTA Update (EL29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
Happy with this update so far. Still struggling to tether though. Stock apps are denying me.

Superuser settings allowing the apps permission?
Old 02-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Went with the hack to use the stock Sprint hotspot app and native USB tether. Not set to superuser for those.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Almost a VIP

Ah, that is right. Still strange that the hot spot hack isn't working.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch