PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 03:38 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Whats up with the Data connection on this (not speed)

Whats up with the data connection on this phone.
I have a google voice # that goes to 2 of my phones
one of them is the Epic touch and the other one is Og Epic on boost (before anyone starts trying to tell me oooh thats illegal or not right for it being on boost . I have 2 OG epics and 1 Epic touch 4g on Sprint plus the OG epic on boost that i flashed to see if i could do it SO SPRINT IS still making their money)

When i get an email on my gmail my epic boost notifies me first. When i get a text from gv app epic boost notifies me first and when i reply the Epic touch stays trying to send it while on the epic on boost its already sent and the other person already replied and Epic touch still hasnt sent it.

So my question is it the phone or the carrier but boost works of sprints network so could it be the phone but both of them have the same signal and both have active data connection

OG epic is rooted running ERA ECO5 Revolted rom with EE03 modem
and EPIC TOUCH is completely stock

any ideas cause this is driving me crazy

Old 11-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to dette
Re: Whats up with the Data connection on this (not speed)

That's weird.. I have noticed a bigger delay in regards to data on my phone compared to my family members iPhone 4S and 4

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 11-19-2011, 04:23 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dette View Post
That's weird.. I have noticed a bigger delay in regards to data on my phone compared to my family members iPhone 4S and 4
odin update i posted in development and issues will be fixed.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

It has been posted that due to all the Iphone sales and data usage from the Iphones the 3G network as slowed down. Read up on Engadget and such...basically in a nutshell Sprint is upgrading their network to compinsate for the load...it just takes a bit of time to get it up and running!
Old 11-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't know. But my data speed is much faster on my E4GT than on my moPho. What takes 30 seconds to load a web page on my moPho takes 10 on my E4GT consistantly using 3G (no 4G in my area). Actually, there's no comparison between the two. Downloading apps, the E4GT smokes the mopho in every aspect.

To sum it all up: The E4GT eats the moPho for lunch in data speeds.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:23 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

here is data speed fix.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/samsung-ep...-6-update.html

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch