PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700, LOOX720, TouchPro, TP2, Samsung E4GT
Carrier: Sprint

Dolphran is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
headphone jack supports mic too?

Does anyone here know if the headphone jack on the ET4G supports headphones with mic (four conductor plug)?

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:12 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: headphone jack supports mic too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphran View Post
Does anyone here know if the headphone jack on the ET4G supports headphones with mic (four conductor plug)?

Thanks!
yes, i use nokia ones and tried iphony pair but they didn't work, shitty iphony. lol
Old 10-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

i also can confirm this. I bought some samsung ones from amazon and they work fine with a in line mic.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700, LOOX720, TouchPro, TP2, Samsung E4GT
Threadstarter

Dolphran is a n00b

Thanks!

Do you happen to know if the ET4G is also compatible with the 3-button control found on many "iPhone compatible" wired headsets?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:15 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphran View Post
Thanks!

Do you happen to know if the ET4G is also compatible with the 3-button control found on many "iPhone compatible" wired headsets?
Well i know iphony "real ones" dont work so thats all i got, google is your friend or try them and if not return them.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Sideman7 is becoming a great contributor

Huh? My iPhone headphones (technically ipod touch) work flawlessly with this phone.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

The controls on my Beats don't work very well but the in-line mic works fine.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Incredible
Carrier: Sprint Sero Baby!!!

gedster314 is keeping up the good workgedster314 is keeping up the good work

Come on EU, pass a law to standardize the headphone ports on phones!!! At least it not the 2.5 mm headphone port or the stupid proprietary ports.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch