PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 04:56 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/14.0.835.187 Safari/535.1)

im going to root and remove all the bloatware as soon as ACS releases their rom, i know its going to be a different story in re: to the battery once i install that. Right now A whole day of battery life isnt that bad since im used to having to put to charge every night my OG epic.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Re: Battery life Sucks

I got ya, sounds good. Let us know your results! Can't wait to get mine.
~Mike

Old 10-05-2011, 05:31 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/14.0.835.187 Safari/535.1)

dont normally check it but checking it right now it says
Android OS 57% ------ Whats the deal with this?
Cell Standby 18%
Phone idle 12%
Display 10%
Android System 2%
Gmail 2%
see that 2% in there guys, that my friends is sprint watching every move you make with your phone and its called CIQ and yes its now removable. your android OS is really high and if you use Pandora thats a huge battery hog. check how often twitter/weather/news widgits refresh cause you got something running constantly. media hub polls every 5 seconds so thats also one to remove.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g LTE
Threadstarter

deseagle07 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Damn, how is your display 10%? mines always like 80% @THe end of the day
Old 10-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by deseagle07 View Post
Kind of what I was thinking lol mines always around 80% also.
~Mike

Sent from my PC36100 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 10-05-2011, 06:20 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deseagle07 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
~Mike

thats a easy one, he leaves display dim. lol
btw mines like 85%.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g LTE
Threadstarter

deseagle07 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Oh, brain fart
Old 10-05-2011, 07:31 PM
VIP MVP

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1
Quote:
Originally Posted by deseagle07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake

~Mike

thats a easy one, he leaves display dim. lol

btw mines like 85%.
TRUE

Last edited by masetas; 10-05-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:16 PM
VIP MVP

ok so i didnt reconnect phone to charger last night and with light use imo (just couple of emails with my live.com address, gmails, good amount of text, camera takes, app downloading, wifi connection, web browsing, and bluetooth on for a couple of calls) my battery is at 17%
in settings battery usage info is
1d 11h 32m 4s on battery
Android OS 29%
Display 24%
Android System 17%
Cell Standby 11%
Voice calls 8%
Phone idle 7%
Mediaserver 2%
Gmail 2%

just posting this for those who says battery on this phone sucks. I know that if i would have done heavy usage the battery life would drain a little bit faster but not to the point were it would suck. This beats the OG epic, EVO, EVO3d
Old 10-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Founder & Owner

What is your screen brightness setting?

Sent from my EVO 4G using the PPCGeeks App

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch

Tags
bad, battery, epic touch 4g, samsung, sucks