PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Epic Touch (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=395)
-   -   Your opinions on the Epic Touch 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147074)

jimmiekain 09-20-2011 02:05 AM

Re: Your opinions on the Epic Touch 4G

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2146056)
i see no issue? looks like 4g just dropped? mine looks exactly like that now

does your data connection completely die too? When mine does it it has no connection and i have to turn off the 4g to get data back.

Did factory reset I'm gonna run it for a few days and report back.

jimmiekain 09-22-2011 09:17 PM

@darren.wlson1 and @gTen thanks guys

its been a few days since I have done a hard reset. Everything is running fine now. Like a champ! It still does the low ringer thing and also the 3g and 4g icons still come on but everything else is perfect!

darren.wlsn1 09-22-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiekain (Post 2146698)
@darren.wlson1 and @gTen thanks guys

its been a few days since I have done a hard reset. Everything is running fine now. Like a champ! It still does the low ringer thing and also the 3g and 4g icons still come on but everything else is perfect!

cool, i bricked one finally but new one is all good. (so far)

kozmo 09-22-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2146700)

Was bricking a goal? Seems like you do this quite a bit :mrgreen: . I'm leaning toward this or waiting to see if they get the Prime in Nov. or whenever it gets here.

jimmiekain 09-23-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2146700)

How did you brick yours?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

KaliS 09-23-2011 10:54 AM

i've had mine for a couple days now and absolutely love it. i did think i would miss my keyboard, but the truth is that find myself turning the phone to the side and typing and the feeling is satisfied. it's smoother and faster than any device i have had...absolutely no lag.

one of the things i hear iphone sheeople talk about is that there phone is good to go out the box with minimal to no mods. the same is true for the epic, i don't see a need to put a custom ROM on at this point...the phone just works! i did put zedomax's kernel on, but that is because i wanted root & CWM really, not because the phone is deficient.

i like the new tw 4.0, but i'm back to using Go Launcher EX as i just really dig the functionality, features, and ability to personalize it with various themes.

the micro usb port being on the bottom and also the fact that there is a sdcard hidden inside the phone are my only 2 gripes i can think of, and they are steadily becoming non-issues as i get used to the device (only been 2 days so far).

oh, i forgot i do have two other major gripes:

1) the phone didn't come with accessories like a car charger, hdmi adapter as shown in some vids (i actually bought mine already and it arrived the day i got my et4g), or a pair of high-quality stereo headsets (not that i don't have them laying around already).

2) No 4g in my area (metro-detroit/dearbon michigan). kinda sucks not to be able to really take advantage of the full range of data speed.

darren.wlsn1 09-23-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozmo (Post 2146721)
Was bricking a goal? Seems like you do this quite a bit :mrgreen: . I'm leaning toward this or waiting to see if they get the Prime in Nov. or whenever it gets here.

name the other device i bricked?
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiekain (Post 2146759)
How did you brick yours?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

i was doing alot of testing to try and get stock kernel running and ya we had a kernel but it was pieced together from gsm phones but were good now with a 100% stock kernel and cwm.

kozmo 09-23-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2146786)
name the other device i bricked?

Took a minute to search, but right HERE... I knew it was in Vin's thread.

darren.wlsn1 09-23-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozmo (Post 2146814)
Took a minute to search, but right HERE... I knew it was in Vin's thread.

ya but that was sammys issue not something i did, you really can only "soft brick" old epics.

Riley 09-24-2011 01:19 AM

thread moved to new forum. thanks.