PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Droid Charge
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch - Alltel
Carrier: Verizon

Firsttimer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WiFi Teathering

I just bouight the Charge and need to teather it to my home network WITHOUT using Windows Internet Sharing.

My previous phone was a HTC Imagio running Windows Mobile 6.5. I installed an app named Mobile WiFi Router which worked great. I was able to start the Moble WiFi Router app then on the WiFi menu select the name of my home WiFi (Belkin) router and my Internet worked on all computers on the network without any additional software. This all works as long as the home router is on the same network (192.168.1.x) network as the Movile WiFi router is.

Now I have the Charge, my first Driod phone and I can't seem to do the same setup. For some reason the Charge will not let me run the HotSpot app at the same time as the WiFi app. I have looked into some teathering apps but they want me to run software on my PC and the other systems on my network would not see the Internet.

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the Charge up to work just like my Imagio did? I don't mind payinbg for an app if it works as needed.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: WiFi Teathering

think you need to be rooted.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch - Alltel
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Firsttimer is just getting started

But what else do I need/need to do to make it work? Seems that this is a new modle and I don't want to screw it up. Please direct me to the right person/site.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Once you root the phone just download a tether app from the market. I have used Wifi Tether and it works fine. The phone being new doesn't matter since it has already been rooted.

Read info from here about root Droid Charge Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks - Android Forums . XDA also has a Charge forum with plenty of ROMs going on.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Newsy Writer
Pocket PC: Droid Charge
Carrier: verizon wired less

hoodracer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to hoodracer Send a message via Skype™ to hoodracer

dont use the verizon sourced app they will charge you after tomorrow you will need to download the tethering app
Old 07-13-2011, 03:19 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpoehling View Post
Yes would love to be rooted, some games require it...Can you help me???
How to Root Samsung Droid Charge – Tutorial | Android Advices
Old 07-13-2011, 03:40 AM
acs tester

Quote:
I am very interested in rooting a Samsung Epic 4g. In easy steps, because I have read and read and I get more and more confused. I did manage to get the phone set up with froyo and that was the easier of the two. I am now interested in getting the next version I know it is out just having a hard time. Can You help Me??
check your pm, i will help ya and walk you through it all.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: sprint

mpoehling is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to mpoehling

I am not sure what Lurker means but I am registered..
Old 07-13-2011, 03:49 AM
acs tester

Quote:
I am not sure what Lurker means but I am registered..
not sure what you mean but check your pm (private message) your considered a "lurker" till you post more.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: gateway
Carrier: verizon

christo37 is a n00b

i can help you im using it right now

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Droid Charge