PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Droid Charge (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=376)
-   -   WiFi Teathering (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144915)

Firsttimer 06-23-2011 10:54 PM

WiFi Teathering

I just bouight the Charge and need to teather it to my home network WITHOUT using Windows Internet Sharing.

My previous phone was a HTC Imagio running Windows Mobile 6.5. I installed an app named Mobile WiFi Router which worked great. I was able to start the Moble WiFi Router app then on the WiFi menu select the name of my home WiFi (Belkin) router and my Internet worked on all computers on the network without any additional software. This all works as long as the home router is on the same network (192.168.1.x) network as the Movile WiFi router is.

Now I have the Charge, my first Driod phone and I can't seem to do the same setup. For some reason the Charge will not let me run the HotSpot app at the same time as the WiFi app. I have looked into some teathering apps but they want me to run software on my PC and the other systems on my network would not see the Internet.

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the Charge up to work just like my Imagio did? I don't mind payinbg for an app if it works as needed.

darren.wlsn1 06-23-2011 10:57 PM

Re: WiFi Teathering

think you need to be rooted.

Firsttimer 06-24-2011 12:21 PM

But what else do I need/need to do to make it work? Seems that this is a new modle and I don't want to screw it up. Please direct me to the right person/site.

Carla 06-24-2011 08:37 PM

Once you root the phone just download a tether app from the market. I have used Wifi Tether and it works fine. The phone being new doesn't matter since it has already been rooted.

Read info from here about root Droid Charge Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks - Android Forums . XDA also has a Charge forum with plenty of ROMs going on.

hoodracer 07-06-2011 08:15 AM

dont use the verizon sourced app they will charge you after tomorrow you will need to download the tethering app

darren.wlsn1 07-13-2011 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpoehling (Post 2127377)
Yes would love to be rooted, some games require it...Can you help me???

How to Root Samsung Droid Charge – Tutorial | Android Advices

darren.wlsn1 07-13-2011 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpoehling (Post 2127382)
I am very interested in rooting a Samsung Epic 4g. In easy steps, because I have read and read and I get more and more confused. I did manage to get the phone set up with froyo and that was the easier of the two. I am now interested in getting the next version I know it is out just having a hard time. Can You help Me??

check your pm, i will help ya and walk you through it all.

mpoehling 07-13-2011 03:42 AM

I am not sure what Lurker means but I am registered..

darren.wlsn1 07-13-2011 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpoehling (Post 2127385)
I am not sure what Lurker means but I am registered..

not sure what you mean but check your pm (private message) your considered a "lurker" till you post more.

christo37 09-20-2011 03:00 AM

i can help you im using it right now