PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   ROM/Kitchen Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   manila myLocation works for sprint but not other carriers? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96743)

raidzero 11-15-2009 05:36 PM

manila myLocation works for sprint but not other carriers?

Hey all, I have a question regarding the weather location using geolocation service. It works on my ROM/kitchen with sprint without issues. I have a few users who are on alltel and VZW that just cannot get it to work... I thought it might be carrier package related but it seems it is not? (had them try dcd carrier packages and their own - did not help) Does anyone have geolocation service working on any other carrier with manila 2.1 or 2.5? I'm sure it's possible, I guess there is something missing though. Thanks for any help!

Mr. X 11-16-2009 08:51 PM

Re: manila myLocation works for sprint but not other carriers?

i have a hunch that dcd carrier cabs rnt setting all the stuff. tell me does it try to start data and then dies?

would you liek to share mine? i have app off them rocking socks on the tp2 and sprint tv, prl updater, NFL/Nascar and MMS all work flawlessly with my sprint cab :)

also you must cook in CM Guardian so it can set the connection from the cabs properly. once it does your on easy street :P

raidzero 11-16-2009 09:29 PM

thanks for the reply but it works fine for me (sprint) but not my users on other carriers.. another odd thing is location does not update when I am in range of the airave, second I unplug it I get an update...

Mr. X 11-16-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidzero (Post 1335380)
thanks for the reply but it works fine for me (sprint) but not my users on other carriers.. another odd thing is location does not update when I am in range of the airave, second I unplug it I get an update...

location works off agps, so it wont work with the airave

second. you may want to try putting the agps reges in your carrier cabs

jdume 11-17-2009 08:04 AM

I use the pakages from Calks kitchen they seem to work pretty good, I'm on Verizon and I have no problems.

raidzero 11-17-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 1335405)
location works off agps, so it wont work with the airave

second. you may want to try putting the agps reges in your carrier cabs

thank you I will try this

raidzero 11-17-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdume (Post 1336411)
I use the pakages from Calks kitchen they seem to work pretty good, I'm on Verizon and I have no problems.

thats what my users are already doing. I will try supplying them with carrier packages with the agps info in them.

a1jatt 11-19-2009 01:57 PM

It might have something to do with the connection GUID's . (Just a guess, needs to be verified ) sprint uses different connections GUIDs. I think if you use QUICK GPS from a sprint rom into a verizon rom, it wont find gps data, also if you use youtube from sprint rom in a verizon rom , it is takes forever to find videos.

thesteve42 12-01-2010 06:16 PM

sprint youtube works fine on cricket.
Im trying to get the geolocation and RIL from SENSE 2.5 working on titan..RIL working now for quicker GPS locks non carrier specific.
google maps requires reg keys to enable geolocation.
look for info in the PPCK 480,640 RAR

thesteve42 01-22-2011 02:05 AM

my location does not require AGPS working, as the proper settings for cricket were not known the last time i used it, and it worked perfect.