PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Need help creating kitchen for tp2 roms...

After many trial and error i decided i wanted to take a crack at making my own kitchen not dependent on anyone elses tweaks...reg's what have you. It was recommended that i get a certain sys file from a certain rom...got that...got a new kitchen pack...extracted the nbh...now...this rom i got it from was not from a rhodium device. Can i still use the ext it created and just replace the operator package or do i need a complete rhodium ext pack? This is my first time venturing into this side of the world so please forgive my ignorance...i can whip up a pretty damn good rom...now i just want my own tools to do it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated and of course thank's and shameless plugs will be given to all.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: Need help creating kitchen for tp2 roms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
After many trial and error i decided i wanted to take a crack at making my own kitchen not dependent on anyone elses tweaks...reg's what have you. It was recommended that i get a certain sys file from a certain rom...got that...got a new kitchen pack...extracted the nbh...now...this rom i got it from was not from a rhodium device. Can i still use the ext it created and just replace the operator package or do i need a complete rhodium ext pack? This is my first time venturing into this side of the world so please forgive my ignorance...i can whip up a pretty damn good rom...now i just want my own tools to do it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated and of course thank's and shameless plugs will be given to all.
you can use any SYS you like given you have the correct resolution in it. you can use any EXT from any device that is not resolution-dependent. you will need of course the OEM packages from your rhodium dump, which will include the carrier package. Also be sure to get rhodium wince.nls. if I may, might I suggest giving platformrebuilder a try!

use the exts from the stock rom dump to start with and replace them as you go.

edit: I am a noob to rhodium also, it was quite daunting!

Last edited by raidzero; 11-06-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
you can use any SYS you like given you have the correct resolution in it. you can use any EXT from any device that is not resolution-dependent. you will need of course the OEM packages from your rhodium dump, which will include the carrier package. Also be sure to get rhodium wince.nls. if I may, might I suggest giving platformrebuilder a try!

use the exts from the stock rom dump to start with and replace them as you go.

edit: I am a noob to rhodium also, it was quite daunting!
ok where is this wince.nls?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
ok where is this wince.nls?
I got mine from the 6.5 native kernel I have attached it.. I prefer to keep my wince.nls in OEM, that way when I add new sys I dont have to remember to add it there I also keep dummy SQM and dummy FWUPDATE [from the TP will work fine, they appear to not be device-specific] in OEM, and set my kitchen to automatically skip sqm and fwupdate from sys when I add a new build.
Attached Files
File Type: rar WinCENLS_WWE.rar (52.3 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by raidzero; 11-06-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

ok got it all together and when i launched the kitchen it says TOPA10000 in the device id box
Old 11-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

nevermind that last one...changed it in the info text
Old 11-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
ok got it all together and when i launched the kitchen it says TOPA10000 in the device id box
That is because you dumped a topaz rom and named it topaz100, dump the stock sprint rhodium rom, then start replacing the EXT's since the topaz is GSM some wont work properly, like phone canvas etc.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

ok the sys is from the topaz but the ext is from a rhodium...
Old 11-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
ok the sys is from the topaz but the ext is from a rhodium...
That doesn't matter, did you dump the topaz rom and then use that as the kitchen base? Dump the stock sprint rom and use that as the base. Make sure you include the different keyboard layouts for each carrier, sprint, verizon, and telus all have different keyboard layouts. Get them from IME_Engine_Western_XXXXXX.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:26 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
I got mine from the 6.5 native kernel I have attached it.. I prefer to keep my wince.nls in OEM, that way when I add new sys I dont have to remember to add it there
Why would you need to add it each time you have a new sys? If it's in your oemxipkernel, then it is just copied over when you have a new build.

For starting up a new kitchen, I would do what BDX suggested, and start with an OEM/EXT dump from an official rom that is specific to your device go from there. You could do it the other way around of course, but it's just such a pain, and kinda pointless really. Make sure also you have the 6.5 NK for Rhodium.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development