PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   ROM/Kitchen Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Need help creating kitchen for tp2 roms... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95074)

Yay 4 Juggs 11-06-2009 04:14 PM

Need help creating kitchen for tp2 roms...

After many trial and error i decided i wanted to take a crack at making my own kitchen not dependent on anyone elses tweaks...reg's what have you. It was recommended that i get a certain sys file from a certain rom...got that...got a new kitchen pack...extracted the nbh...now...this rom i got it from was not from a rhodium device. Can i still use the ext it created and just replace the operator package or do i need a complete rhodium ext pack? This is my first time venturing into this side of the world so please forgive my ignorance...i can whip up a pretty damn good rom...now i just want my own tools to do it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated and of course thank's and shameless plugs will be given to all.

raidzero 11-06-2009 04:43 PM

Re: Need help creating kitchen for tp2 roms...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs (Post 1304987)
After many trial and error i decided i wanted to take a crack at making my own kitchen not dependent on anyone elses tweaks...reg's what have you. It was recommended that i get a certain sys file from a certain rom...got that...got a new kitchen pack...extracted the nbh...now...this rom i got it from was not from a rhodium device. Can i still use the ext it created and just replace the operator package or do i need a complete rhodium ext pack? This is my first time venturing into this side of the world so please forgive my ignorance...i can whip up a pretty damn good rom...now i just want my own tools to do it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated and of course thank's and shameless plugs will be given to all.

you can use any SYS you like given you have the correct resolution in it. you can use any EXT from any device that is not resolution-dependent. you will need of course the OEM packages from your rhodium dump, which will include the carrier package. Also be sure to get rhodium wince.nls. if I may, might I suggest giving platformrebuilder a try!

use the exts from the stock rom dump to start with and replace them as you go.

edit: I am a noob to rhodium also, it was quite daunting!

Yay 4 Juggs 11-06-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidzero (Post 1305068)
you can use any SYS you like given you have the correct resolution in it. you can use any EXT from any device that is not resolution-dependent. you will need of course the OEM packages from your rhodium dump, which will include the carrier package. Also be sure to get rhodium wince.nls. if I may, might I suggest giving platformrebuilder a try!

use the exts from the stock rom dump to start with and replace them as you go.

edit: I am a noob to rhodium also, it was quite daunting!

ok where is this wince.nls?

raidzero 11-06-2009 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs (Post 1305097)
ok where is this wince.nls?

I got mine from the 6.5 native kernel I have attached it.. I prefer to keep my wince.nls in OEM, that way when I add new sys I dont have to remember to add it there :) I also keep dummy SQM and dummy FWUPDATE [from the TP will work fine, they appear to not be device-specific] in OEM, and set my kitchen to automatically skip sqm and fwupdate from sys when I add a new build.

Yay 4 Juggs 11-06-2009 05:52 PM

ok got it all together and when i launched the kitchen it says TOPA10000 in the device id box

Yay 4 Juggs 11-06-2009 05:55 PM

nevermind that last one...changed it in the info text

bikeandestroyx 11-06-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs (Post 1305293)
ok got it all together and when i launched the kitchen it says TOPA10000 in the device id box

That is because you dumped a topaz rom and named it topaz100, dump the stock sprint rhodium rom, then start replacing the EXT's since the topaz is GSM some wont work properly, like phone canvas etc.

Yay 4 Juggs 11-06-2009 06:06 PM

ok the sys is from the topaz but the ext is from a rhodium...

bikeandestroyx 11-06-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs (Post 1305333)
ok the sys is from the topaz but the ext is from a rhodium...

That doesn't matter, did you dump the topaz rom and then use that as the kitchen base? Dump the stock sprint rom and use that as the base. Make sure you include the different keyboard layouts for each carrier, sprint, verizon, and telus all have different keyboard layouts. Get them from IME_Engine_Western_XXXXXX.

indagroove 11-06-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidzero (Post 1305220)
I got mine from the 6.5 native kernel I have attached it.. I prefer to keep my wince.nls in OEM, that way when I add new sys I dont have to remember to add it there

Why would you need to add it each time you have a new sys? If it's in your oemxipkernel, then it is just copied over when you have a new build.

For starting up a new kitchen, I would do what BDX suggested, and start with an OEM/EXT dump from an official rom that is specific to your device go from there. You could do it the other way around of course, but it's just such a pain, and kinda pointless really. Make sure also you have the 6.5 NK for Rhodium.