PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 11:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: System>About Screen.. adding custom string? [SOLVED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
I have one could you share yours so I can take a look at where to hex
I got rid of that sys long ago. Let me see if I can find a link to it in da_g's thread.

http://rapidshare.com/files/29637164...P_0409_VGA.rar

I think that is the one that has the branded shellres.mui in it
Old 11-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

thanks ill see what i can find

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 11-08-2009, 11:07 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

hey sbr, if you do find anything about how this was done, can you let us know?

read: hex offset?

Last edited by raidzero; 11-08-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Livin' Dangerously

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions

sorry rapidshare has been a pita and i havent even been able to download it yet.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Livin' Dangerously

also are you sure he hex edited it my hex isnt returning his name in it anywhere
Old 11-09-2009, 09:30 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
also are you sure he hex edited it my hex isnt returning his name in it anywhere
check in the file with a resource hacker... also can you upload it here? I also havent been able to download the whole sys again

edit: nevermind I am downloading it now..

if he did not hex it he must have done it in a resource editor. if he did, I will do the same to many different versions of the file and see if there is a common address. hopefully there is, then I can add a xvi32 script to my kitchen that could do this to my rom's automatically when I add a new SYS... hmmm
I found it:
look in shelres.192.dll.0409.mui\S000 with a hex editor, simply search for Haseeb. you'll see it at
address 10C06

simply inserting your own string at that address does not work on 23506. I do not think there is a reliable way to do this on future builds without more pieces to the puzzle. meaning a simple goto address and insert will not work... 23506 and 23075 are slightly different at this address

Last edited by raidzero; 11-09-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:00 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

It wasn't hexed after all! It is simply a resource edit. recmod and edit shellres.dll.0409.mui, dialog 14368. (I used PE Explorer) then just reversemode it back and put it wherever you want in your kitchen.
screenshot:

after looking at this I realize there is no reason to replace the AKU number with RZ anymore
Old 11-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Livin' Dangerously

thank you very much for the information I will try when I get time I am on my way back from vacation so maybe tonight or tomorrow I will be able to play with.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development