PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 03:37 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Leo apps on CDMA Diamond/TP

Has anyone been able to get certain Leo apps working in your builds? I've tried HTC Birthday, the Appointment Editor, Device Info (Only the software and hardware options work) and the LockscreenApp. Except for the partially working Device Info screen, I haven't been able to get any of these working. Are they totally dependent on Manila 2.5 or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks!

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 10-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Leo apps on CDMA Diamond/TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Has anyone been able to get certain Leo apps working in your builds? I've tried HTC Birthday, the Appointment Editor, Device Info (Only the software and hardware options work) and the LockscreenApp. Except for the partially working Device Info screen, I haven't been able to get any of these working. Are they totally dependent on Manila 2.5 or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks!
Do you have the app.dat made for those, im not sure about HTC Birthday or appointment, but Device Info works for me fine, and lockscreen needs an app.dat. Look in the initiflashfiles.dat and just copy the lines for lockscreen to a new app.dat in the lockscreen EXT.

Edit: I would use the tachi lockscreen app since the leo version is meant for wvga, that is one of the apps that most likely requires wvga resolution, unless you want to change the .cpr files to vga and rename them.

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 10-25-2009 at 03:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:10 PM
The Inspector Mod
Threadstarter

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
Do you have the app.dat made for those, im not sure about HTC Birthday or appointment, but Device Info works for me fine, and lockscreen needs an app.dat. Look in the initiflashfiles.dat and just copy the lines for lockscreen to a new app.dat in the lockscreen EXT.

Edit: I would use the tachi lockscreen app since the leo version is meant for wvga, that is one of the apps that most likely requires wvga resolution, unless you want to change the .cpr files to vga and rename them.
I'm not seeing an app.dat for any of these. Do you mind sharing what you have for the Device Info ext so I can figure out how to get this going?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
I'm not seeing an app.dat for any of these. Do you mind sharing what you have for the Device Info ext so I can figure out how to get this going?
There isnt an app.dat, htc now includes all this in the initiflashfiles.dat in oem_lang_0409. Device info doesnt have an app.dat though, the app.reg places the icon and has it take over the normal wm device info.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:49 PM
The Inspector Mod
Threadstarter

So adding it to the initflashfiles.dat will get the entire thing to work? Sorry about the noobish questions. This is my first attempt at porting...
Old 10-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
So adding it to the initflashfiles.dat will get the entire thing to work? Sorry about the noobish questions. This is my first attempt at porting...
Well no, you can just take the lines of text for an app from the initiflashfiles.dat, and add them to an app.dat, but with device info, there is no entry associated with this app. Not all things require it, only apps that need files moved. Since this app only places something in System settings, it just needs an app.reg.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:18 AM
The Inspector Mod
Threadstarter

That I've got. Just not sure why two of the entries aren't working (Device about & Device ID), and I am getting it on my control panel twice. I know that's not right...
Old 10-26-2009, 12:35 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Prolly not working because you are missing some dependant package(s), and two start menu entried due to duplicate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\MyCpl entries. If I remember correctly the HTC Device Info is CPL 3, while stock is CPL 5. Try changing the reg of the HTC package to CPL 5.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:44 AM
The Inspector Mod
Threadstarter

Ever heard of HTCafe.dll?

Last edited by gadgetfreak; 10-26-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
Ever heard of HTCafe.dll?
It is part of HTCFramework.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development