PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 08:33 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help on PP string on Imagio

I just added an Imagio to my HTC collection. I'm in the process of making a kitchen base for it and this is the first device that I can't find the PP string in the xip. It doesn't seem to follow any of the usual patterns that the older or newer HTC's even the Rhodium use. Attached is the virgin xip and if some one can find the PP string and post it would be most appreciated. PS. I'm not interested in patching it so the old school PP changer.exe will work but having it kitchen automated so it can set it as static or dynamic and set the pp size by doing a HEX string search on PP string and changing the values.
Attached Files
File Type: rar imagio_xip.rar (1.09 MB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Help on PP string on Imagio

the xip tool in VK wont find it for you and change it?

i thought page pool was changed in the payload or nk.exe?

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-16-2009, 12:43 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help on PP string on Imagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
the xip tool in VK wont find it for you and change it?

i thought page pool was changed in the payload or nk.exe?
The xiptool in VK is implantxip which patches the PP so the old pagepoolchanger.exe can find the pagepool which makes a static one(it works the same way) Didn't work on imagio anyway. I use old style kitchen PPCK which allows for dynamic pagepools and changes the PP in xip prior to insertion into payload.

For example on CDMA TP the search string on xip.bin would be A0030616A013001083E5 with "03 15" just before the string which is a 12mb dynamic PP. Changing it to "06 15" would make it a 24mb dynamic PP.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 10-19-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development