PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 01:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
VK to old SYS converter batch

This is used to convert VK style SYS layouts to work with the older buildOS or as I prefer, platformrebuilder. Its kind of a like a very simple reverse dumpsorter. It ignores skip files so you don't need to worry about deleting _skip files when you copy the files into the kitchen This will be in the TOOLS directory of the next kitchen release also. To use it just copy the batch file into the directory containing DPI_192, DPI_192-RESH480_RESV640 and SHARED, then just run it. It will rearrange it all into one folder called OLDSTYLE, then just create a new folder in my kitchen's SYS directory with the build number and paste the contents of OLDSTYLE in there.

I will probably make it easier to use later but for now it gets the job done!

if you want to know what the script contains, its really simple:

Code:
@ECHO OFF
echo Please wait, converting. Window will close when finished.
mkdir OLDSTYLE
echo _skip > skipfiles
xcopy DPI_192\0409 OLDSTYLE /D /H /E /C /Y /Q /EXCLUDE:skipfiles
xcopy DPI_192\COMMON OLDSTYLE /D /H /E /C /Y /Q /EXCLUDE:skipfiles
xcopy DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_640\0409 OLDSTYLE /D /H /E /C /Y /Q /EXCLUDE:skipfiles
xcopy DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_640\COMMON OLDSTYLE /D /H /E /C /Y /Q /EXCLUDE:skipfiles
xcopy SHARED\0409 OLDSTYLE /D /H /E /C /Y /Q /EXCLUDE:skipfiles
xcopy SHARED\COMMON OLDSTYLE /D /H /E /C /Y /Q /EXCLUDE:skipfiles
del skipfiles
Explanation:
@ECHO OFF - hides the commands themselves as they are executed, change it to ECHO ON to see the difference
echo text - just displays text in the window for the user to read
mkdir OLDSTYLE - create directory called oldstyle
echo _skip > skipfiles - makes a new file called skipfiles with the contents _skip
xcopy DIRECTORY /D /H /E /C /Y /Q /EXCLUDE:skipfiles : copies files, /D means include directories /H means include system files, /E means copy all subdirectories, /C means ignore errors (there won't be any as long as your VK SYS directory is formatted correctly), /Y means overwrite if necessary, /Q means quiet (dont show every file on the screen as it copies), /EXLCUDE is the file that contains a list of files to NOT copy, in our case this file is created by the eco _skip > skipfiles line, the file it uses for ignores is skipfiles and there is only one line in it, so it only ignores _skip files.
and finaly, del _skipfiles just deletes the file called skipfiles since it is no longer necessary

this was originally posted in my rom/kitchen thread so forgive me if it is a bit too hand-holding of an explanation..

edit: oops, forgot the attachment
Attached Files
File Type: rar CONVERT_SYS.rar (300 Bytes, 4 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by raidzero; 10-13-2009 at 01:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: VK to old SYS converter batch

Props!

Will be usefull

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-13-2009, 02:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
Props!

Will be usefull
thanks
Old 10-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community

This is VERY useful for the Sysversion tool which can only read the old style layout.
THANKS!
-CFay

CFay TP2 Port ROM! Check it out!
Changed my name from fayfay392 to CFay!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development