PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM 6.5 is Official.....Yet not available

With 5 days left until the release of Windows Mobile 6.5 i wanted to start a thread to get us excited and speak about how the carriers will pump out the upgrades.

I feel that most carriers like Sprint and Verizon will offer the update on the 6th. My reason for believing this is that Verizon will be releasing the Imagio on the 6th and it ships with 6.5. Therefore that means Verizon already has a 6.5 rom ready and why wouldn't they just release the update the same day. No reason to make customers wait if it's ready to go. Also there has been a few sprint 6.5 roms leaked which means they also have already been working on there 6.5 rom and them seem to be waiting on the release to offer the phone in stores. Let me know what you guys think. Keep it friendly because i know we are all excited
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division

Last edited by Young_breedent; 10-06-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak
Re: Countdown until WM 6.5 is Official....5 days

I hear ya...on the verizon side though, I just read they are releasing the Omnia2 2 weeks after the 6th and it is coming with winmo 6.1.....so well seem I bet it will take a month or two before we see the carriers offering it.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
With 5 days left until the release of Windows Mobile 6.5 i wanted to start a thread to get us excited and speak about how the carriers will pump out the upgrades.

I feel that most carriers like Sprint and Verizon will offer the update on the 6th. My reason for believing this is that Verizon will be releasing the Imagio on the 6th and it ships with 6.5. Therefore that means Verizon already has a 6.5 rom ready and why wouldn't they just release the update the same day. No reason to make customers wait if it's ready to go. Also there has been a few sprint 6.5 roms leaked which means they also have already been working on there 6.5 rom and them seem to be waiting on the release to offer the phone in stores. Let me know what you guys think. Keep it friendly because i know we are all excited
I hope you're right!!! and it will be interesting to see if your previous orange theme theory holds true for Sprint
Old 10-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Young-E
Threadstarter

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
I hear ya...on the verizon side though, I just read they are releasing the Omnia2 2 weeks after the 6th and it is coming with winmo 6.1.....so well seem I bet it will take a month or two before we see the carriers offering it.
Maybe this isn't a carrier decision but a samsung decision. What if they already have the phones made and are just waiting to ship them, and doesn't want to upgrade them. They will offer the upgrade through the carrier and let the customers upgrade the device. Just a though
Old 10-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Young-E
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
I hope you're right!!! and it will be interesting to see if your previous orange theme theory holds true for Sprint
lol yeah i think it will makes a lot of sense to me
Old 10-01-2009, 12:33 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I havent even heard Tmobile is offering a upgrade are they?? Cause f that.... I hope they do....
Old 10-01-2009, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

I'm excited! Will the update be released by carrier or straight from HTC?
Old 10-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hope sprint gets it out fast
Old 10-01-2009, 12:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

bigbearballs is a n00b

Will the update mess with any of the hacks/tweaks that I've already put on the phone?
Old 10-01-2009, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbearballs View Post
Will the update mess with any of the hacks/tweaks that I've already put on the phone?
It will wipe out your device totally and install a brand new OS. Any data such as tweaks, contacts, etc will have to be realoaded.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development