PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 01:19 AM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: VZW

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48
Re: Countdown until WM 6.5 is Official....3 days

I feel ya... Upgrades are nice and I for one am diffently ready to flash to 6.5. Out with the old and in with the new. More for the unlocker then anything.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

hell yeah, and that seems to be coming along very well. i have yet to use any version of 6.5, just seen vids. i am also excited for the windows marketplace. sounds like we'll finally get a good library going for apps/games and such. no more endless searching
Old 10-04-2009, 02:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

tmac15 is a n00b

Its like waiting for the TP2 to come out all over again........okay maybe im exaggerating a little
Old 10-04-2009, 03:35 AM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP
Re: Countdown until WM 6.5 is Official....2 days

only 2 more days!!!!!
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 10-04-2009, 08:45 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I have renamed Oct. 6 in my house -- it is now Phone Christmas! My kids think I am stupid.

YEA! Two days!

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 10-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean

Merry Phone Christmas? I like the sound of that. So tomorrow will be Phone Christmas Eve!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

GEEEEZ guys, I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but historically upgrades have NEVER been available the day of launch. They have always come weeks afterwards. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it is pretty unlikely. I sure hope it does. Reading some of the posts in this thread it sounds like there are a number of people who are going to be disappointed if the upgrade isn't available for their device on the 6th.

There have been many upgrades over the years for Windows Mobile and Pocket PCs. Many of them much bigger and more anticipated then this one, with MS releasing the finished product to its partners well in advance, and everytime it has been many weeks before carriers release and update.

Again, I hope it's different this time. For those expecting it as a given, it is not, and for those hoping for it, there's nothing wrong in hoping, just don't be disappointed or frustrated if it doesn't happen...it has never happened that way in the past.

Let's see what Tuesday brings.

Dave
Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
GEEEEZ guys, I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but historically upgrades have NEVER been available the day of launch. They have always come weeks afterwards. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it is pretty unlikely. I sure hope it does. Reading some of the posts in this thread it sounds like there are a number of people who are going to be disappointed if the upgrade isn't available for their device on the 6th.

There have been many upgrades over the years for Windows Mobile and Pocket PCs. Many of them much bigger and more anticipated then this one, with MS releasing the finished product to its partners well in advance, and everytime it has been many weeks before carriers release and update.

Again, I hope it's different this time. For those expecting it as a given, it is not, and for those hoping for it, there's nothing wrong in hoping, just don't be disappointed or frustrated if it doesn't happen...it has never happened that way in the past.

Let's see what Tuesday brings.

Dave
Thanks Grinch
Old 10-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If 6.5 comes to Sprint on the 6th I might go ahead and get the TP2 even with the BT bugs. I can get it for $199 on my Business Plan, I am sure the 3rd party developer is more likely to fix than MS would
Old 10-04-2009, 09:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Yea Paragon, I've been thinking the exact same thing.

I hope it's available on the 6th myself, but I sincerely doubt that will be the case.....

~John
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development