PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 700wx
Carrier: Bell

aceman39 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Change OS from French to English

Hello there<< Can someone help me with this little problem. I have a palm Treo 700wx that has a french OS and I would like to switch it to English. Can someone help?
Old 09-24-2008, 03:56 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Change OS from French to English

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman39 View Post
Hello there<< Can someone help me with this little problem. I have a palm Treo 700wx that has a french OS and I would like to switch it to English. Can someone help?
There's 700wx English kitchen floating around...make yourself an English ROM and flash it.

BTW, if you'll find me/AstainHellbring/LennySh/Colonel in the chatroom, I'd like to get a dump of your french rom - we're on a hunt for international languages.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Lurker

mykeee is a n00b

My understanding is that you only need to do a hard reset of the device, select "erase all data" and select "english" as the language.

I am picking up a 700wx today that is French. I will post back letting you know if it worked.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Lurker

mykeee is a n00b

I have picked up my french 700wx and tried the hard reset with no luck. If someone could point me in the right direction to fix this problem, I'd much appreciate it. I'd like to change the OS to English.

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm 700wx
Carrier: bell mobility

mbrimble is a n00b

have you been able to change your operating system from french to english. i have a bell mobility palm 700wx french model and i want to change it to english

Last edited by mbrimble; 04-20-2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: make clearer
Old 04-23-2010, 06:22 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrimble View Post
have you been able to change your operating system from french to english. i have a bell mobility palm 700wx french model and i want to change it to english
The only way I can think of doing that would be to dump the rom, swap out all the Lang/DPI packages with the same version but with 0409 (English), cook it up and reflash. Won't be much fun, and if you screw something up, it's gonna be another 20 minutes while you flash another ROM (you have to flash via SD card on the 700wx).
Old 04-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm 700wx
Carrier: bell mobility

mbrimble is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
The only way I can think of doing that would be to dump the rom, swap out all the Lang/DPI packages with the same version but with 0409 (English), cook it up and reflash. Won't be much fun, and if you screw something up, it's gonna be another 20 minutes while you flash another ROM (you have to flash via SD card on the 700wx).
i am a newbie at this, can i get a step by step? thanks in advance!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development