PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2007, 05:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sogarth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM Kitchen 1.0.0.31 Release Candidate 3 (Updated 3/30/2007)

Please do not distribute this ROM and/or ROM kitchen, as it has not yet been completed. Please wait until a final version has been released before allowing others to obtain it.

A fairly large number of device drivers have been updated in this version of the ROM. Although some preliminary testing has occurred to ensure that basic functionality is intact, we really need your help to ensure that everything is working as it should. Unified ROM team members, please test this ROM in particular as broadly as you can!

The list of bugs currently open is available via the Unified ROM Bugzilla page. If there is a bug that you would like fixed, please create an account and file it.

The bugs fixed by this release:

Applications (HTC):
Bug 15: HTC-bundled applications should be updated
Bug 18: WModem should provide .inf files

Foundation:
Bug 9: HTC Apache drivers should be updated
Bug 10: Bluetooth PAN does not work

User Interface:
Bug 16: Splash screen and Welcome Wizard Backrounds

Additional Notes:
  • The initial setup wizard does not implement timezones with the 2007 Daylight Savings Time. As a result, after a hard reset, go into Settings\System\Clock & Alarms once in order to set the timezone properly. (Reference: bug 12)
The kitchen version of the ROM kitchen 1.0.0.31 RC3 is available on the dev FTP site, under the ROM Kitchens directory, as "WM5 AKU3.5 ROM Kitchen 1.0.0.31 RC3.rar". If you are a ROM team member, please enter the chat whenever you have time. Several of us are there on a regular basis working on problems and determining future steps. It's also the best way to find out what the current status of the project is. The ROM version is available on the public FTP site here, with the same password as the previous revision:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Apache/Project...0.31%20RC3.rar
Old 03-30-2007, 10:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc 6800
Carrier: telus

zwfln is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to zwfln Send a message via AIM to zwfln
please tell me the password thanks
Old 03-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Sorry zwfln, the password is only available to members of the ROM development team, and there aren't any open positions on that. You (and most everyone else) will have to wait for the first public release.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic
Carrier: Sprint

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Sogarth,

As a side note, do we know if the Defect Reports postings are being picked up? I know there are a few people not reporting in Bugzilla, and we don't want to miss out on fixing these.

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
Old 03-31-2007, 02:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Excellent! Unfortunately, I'm in Boston until Monday night, so I won't be able to flash until I get back to C-bus. I'm looking forward to putting the newest release through its paces.

Have great weekend all!

Paul
And in the kitchen, bind them.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

MrHappy is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy
wow, so based on the open issues in bugzilla it doesnt look like there is much left to clean up. basic rom cleanup and a few other things. This is great!!!

Wireless Modem doesnt work reliably: Do we care? Should it be removed from the rom?

Change default data: Also, do we care? After the first active sync or updating with the tower this gets set correctly....

HTC-bundled apps updated: What are these? How many of them are there?

Just checking to see how much more will be corrected before we release this first build....
Old 04-01-2007, 09:38 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Meh just reporting in... guess I am the only Catholic and/or Eastern Orthodox guy on the team but we're now into the last week before easter/pasca, and as I am a sub-deacon-in-training at my church that means a lot of services... so, not much free time. I doubt I will get any chance to play with this until after next week

Still, looking good on paper!
Old 04-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
I haven't yet set up a bugzilla account, but after a new install, I notice two things:

1) in the power, backlight, beam aplets, the link to each other at the bottom of the page is missing.

2) my virtual keyboard is cut off in the middle of the 'shift' row and I can see nothing under it, I have also seen this in sardinaurs rom, but not jbabys..

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 04-02-2007, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sogarth is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy
1) in the power, backlight, beam aplets, the link to each other at the bottom of the page is missing.
They got rid of those links. Hence, not a bug.

Quote:
2) my virtual keyboard is cut off in the middle of the 'shift' row and I can see nothing under it, I have also seen this in sardinaurs rom, but not jbabys..
Anybody else see this problem? I know that it's not happening for me....
Old 04-03-2007, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

MrHappy is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy
I have not seen it either.

Could an installed app be doing this? Have you checked this out right after a hard reset?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development