PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sogarth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM Kitchen 1.0.0.27 Release Candidate 2 (Updated 3/22/2007)

Please do not distribute this ROM and/or ROM kitchen, as it has not yet been completed. Please wait until a final version has been released before allowing others to obtain it.

The list of bugs currently open is available via the Unified ROM Bugzilla page. If there is a bug that you would like fixed, please create an account and file it.

The bugs fixed by this release:

Foundation:
Bug 3: Missing shortcuts in the Start Menu
Bug 4: Pocket MSN help file in \Windows\Helps?
Bug 7: The ROM kitchen should contain the .NET Compact Framework 1.0 SP3

Infrastructure:
Bug 14: default.hv and user.hv in the ROM kitchen has bogus values?

User Interface:
Bug 2: Inconsistent theme in AKU 3.5
Bug 6: Sounds not visible in notifications
Bug 8: ROM shouldn't be tied so closely to PPCGeeks

Additional Notes:
  • The initial setup wizard does not implement timezones with the 2007 Daylight Savings Time. As a result, after a hard reset, go into Settings\System\Clock & Alarms once in order to set the timezone properly. (Reference: bug 12)
  • Bluetooth PAN has not yet been fixed in this release. We plan upon implementing a broader fix than that which has currently been found. (Reference: bug 9, bug 10)
The kitchen version of the ROM kitchen 1.0.0.27 RC2 is available on the dev FTP site, under the ROM Kitchens directory, as "WM5 AKU3.5 ROM Kitchen 1.0.0.27 RC2.rar". If you are a ROM team member, please enter the chat whenever you have time. Several of us are there on a regular basis working on problems and determining future steps. The ROM version is available on the public FTP site here:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Apache/Project...0.27%20RC2.rar

Members of the ROM team should be receiving PMs with the password. Please contact me if you believe you should have the password but haven't received it.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TheRocoLoco is a n00b
Re: ROM Kitchen 1.0.0.27 Release Candidate 2 (Updated 3/22/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogarth
The initial setup wizard does not implement timezones with the 2007 Daylight Savings Time. As a result, after a hard reset, go into Settings\System\Clock & Alarms once in order to set the timezone properly. (Reference: bug 12)
I noticed that bug 12 (DST2007) is marked as "Wontfix". Is this really the offical stance on this bug?
Old 03-23-2007, 08:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc 6800
Carrier: telus

zwfln is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to zwfln Send a message via AIM to zwfln
I need the password for the WM5 AKU3.5 ROM 1.0.0.27 RC2.rar please help me please pm thanks
Old 03-23-2007, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Sogarth...I'm going to add your first post to the Project Updates for the public to see. Should I remove the BUG links or keep them? I would venture to say remove them, but wanted to double check first.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 03-24-2007, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sogarth is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRocoLoco
I noticed that bug 12 (DST2007) is marked as "Wontfix". Is this really the offical stance on this bug?
Well, if you read the bug a bit, it's a bit complicated. It is, in fact, true that AKU 3.x has the updated 2007 DST settings in it. However, the initial startup wizard doesn't use those new time zones. That's not really something we can fix, unfortunately, hence the "Wontfix" status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus
Sogarth...I'm going to add your first post to the Project Updates for the public to see. Should I remove the BUG links or keep them? I would venture to say remove them, but wanted to double check first.
I'll leave that call up to you. When you get down to it, this particular forum isn't locked anyways, so there's actually nothing stopping them from coming in and reading the original post.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sogarth is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwfln
I need the password for the WM5 AKU3.5 ROM 1.0.0.27 RC2.rar please help me please pm thanks
The short answer is: I can't do that. You're not on the ROM team, and this is for ROM team member testing at this point in time.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus
I'll leave that call up to you. When you get down to it, this particular forum isn't locked anyways, so there's actually nothing stopping them from coming in and reading the original post. [/quote]

Hmm...though this was a private forum. Must keep my derogatory remarks to a minimum!

And I'll add the updates to my update thread. SOme users have subscribed to hear any news the dev team has come up with.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

MrHappy is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy
1 week and rolling along strong. I havent noticed much going on at the bugzilla page... I guess with the site being down for so long it has delayed any progress....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development