PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sogarth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM Kitchen 1.0.0.10 Release Candidate 1 (Updated 3/8/2007)

Please do not distribute this ROM and/or ROM kitchen, as it has not yet been completed. Please wait until a final version has been released before allowing others to obtain it.

Potential issues remaining:
  • .NET CF versus .NET CF 2: According to this page, .NET CF 2 is now the default version shipped as of AKU 3.0. So it's probably not a problem that we ship .NET CF2 in addition to .NET CF in our ROM.
  • According to that page, Modem Link has, in fact, been deprecated. So we can probably remove it completely.
  • 3/8/2007: Numerous people have indicated problems attempting to run Wireless Modem. One involves the "COM OPEN ERROR" problem (issues duplicating the error?). The other involves not being able to run Wireless Modem under certain circumstances, and needing a soft reset to re-enable it (referenced by JBabey here, and I've hit the problem myself as well, although I need to find out how to reproduce).
  • 3/8/2007: Bluetooth PAN is still an issue. There appear to be conflicting reports on whether or not PAN works or not (performing a quick Internet search). Menneisyys wrote up an article expalining the change in the dial-up networking model changes in AKU 3.x. For Windows Vista, there's an article explaining how to connect to a Bluetooth PAN. It would be nice if we could find a device where Bluetooth PAN does work, and determine whether or not the DLLs there are usable or not. According to Menneisyys' article, certauin Himalaya, Universal, and Wizard ROMs have Bluetooth PAN support.
  • 3/8/2007: A shortcut to the Camera is missing. Other shortcuts may be missing as well, so somebody should load the official AKU 2.x ROM to ascertain which ones are actually missing.
  • 3/8/2007: As mentioned in this post, we should update to .NET CF 2 SP2
  • 3/8/2007: As mentioned in this post, OggSync and GMobileSync has issues with either Pocket Outlook and/or .NET?
Please post any other potential issues in this thread. Thank you.

Updated: March 8, 2007

The problems with the ROM have been fixed. Programs can now be installed properly, and the Favorites button in Pocket Internet Explorer performs as expected. The ROM version is available on the public FTP site here:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Apache/Project...0.10%20RC1.rar

The password for the .rar file is attached to this post in a .zip file. And in case you're wondering, yes, I have actually verified that this works myself.

Code:
Changelog:

Change 10 on 2007/03/08 by sogarth@shizuru

Address a problem with the kitchen, where the ROM requires that certain files require the +s +r +h flags, otherwise it begins acting strangely (such as refusing to allow .cab file installations). Since it's not desirable to have the actual kitchen files have any of those attributes (as it would make development more difficult), apply those flags before .nka assembly.

Change 9 on 2007/03/08 by sogarth@shizuru

Add msvcr71.dll, which is used as part of the toolchain. Since it's not shipped with base XP, rather than having somebody potentially need to track it down, add it as part of the tree.
Notes: March 5, 2007

The kitchen version of the ROM kitchen 1.0.0.8 RC1 is available on the dev FTP site, under the ROM Kitchens directory, as "WM5 AKU3.5 ROM Kitchen 1.0.0.8 RC1.zip". The ROM version is available on the public FTP site here:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Apache/Sogarth....0.8%20RC1.zip

Code:
Changelog:

Change 8 on 2007/03/05 by sogarth@shizuru

Remove a second .prj file that was in a different directory than the rest of the .nbf generation files.

Change 7 on 2007/03/05 by sogarth@shizuru

Remove files that were moved to OEM/MSN2 for the HTC Apache ROM kitchen.

Change 6 on 2007/03/04 by sogarth@shizuru

Remove the older style Pocket Internet Explorer home page, along with the accompanying .gif files.

Change 5 on 2007/03/04 by sogarth@shizuru

Add HTML help files that were missing from the HTC Blue Angel WM5 AKU3.5 ROM we obtained. These help files are from the HTC Himalaya WM5 AKU3.5 ROM kitchen.

Change 4 on 2007/03/04 by sogarth@shizuru

Update from sfaure03:
	1. Fix speed dial on .\OS. This replaced the phca*.dll's that enable the speed dial button.
	2. Changes to the CBOW directory that make the dialer pad "consistent" by color.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 10010_rc1_password_179.zip (161 Bytes, 47 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Alwaysbelieve1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Alwaysbelieve1 Send a message via Yahoo to Alwaysbelieve1
Please PM me the dev ftp site address.

Thanx
Old 03-06-2007, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sogarth is a n00b
It's a file attachment in the documentation forum, in the FTP info thread. If you don't have access to it, you'll need to take it up with Wideawake....
Old 03-06-2007, 10:42 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
nice job, thanks! So if the .net2.0 thing is sufficent, then I'm off the hook for further work on it? If so I can just focus on documenting this - I may be able to get some time in today and burn the sucker
Old 03-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Should I start a separate thread with instructions for the QA testers to report problems in or do you want them to use this thread. Doesnt matter to me either way.

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 03-06-2007, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

MrHappy is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy
OK, I must be doing something wrong. When I hit start in createos.exe it tells me:
Error: OS\.ROM missing.

Am I missing something?
Old 03-06-2007, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TheRocoLoco is a n00b
Are you wanting testers to only use the base ROM version and not the kitchen? I'm flashing the base ROM right now.

One thing I noticed on the PR2 ROM i was running until I just erased it was that in notifications when I set email to not display a message on the screen it still shows a message weather I check the box or not. This will be one of the first things I test once I flash this =).

Does this ROM have fixes for live search contacts lookup? Or is this a known bug of this release?
Old 03-06-2007, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TheRocoLoco is a n00b
Firsrt Issue I've had with this ROM:

when trying to install my private certficate for push mail from my storage card, I recieve an error "cannot access certficate."

I also tried to install pocket e-sword and got an error that "installation was unsucessfull".

So I'm thinking that it is a problam reading my SD card. more info to come ....

update:

hmm nope it isn't a problem with my SD Card. Even when I copy things to the device using active sync they still won't install. It seems i can't install anything with this ROM? *shrug*
Old 03-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
I will post the thread on how to report a defect tonight, as I have the documentation at home.

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
Old 03-06-2007, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

computercarl is a n00b
RIIIGGGHHHHTTT.... I just slapped it on my spare fone... slapped it on, hard reset, and reset it when it says 3 seconds to load the vzw customizations... IE favorites takes you to the windows directory. History takes you to the windows directory. Connections tab is hosed, it flashes up for a second and then its totally blank. If I go to advanced, I can choose select networks and add a new one from there, but the tasks screen is blank. If I do add a new one, then the tasks tab functions properly.

Also, once I have made the connection, and I re-open IE, I entered www.google.com on the url bar, and it did not automatically dial the data connection, rather just gave me an error about it not being able to reach google. I manually dialed the connection, and made sure to close IE / restart a new one, and still no internet.

(also tried all of these after another hard reset/don't let it run any of the customizations, and also a "clear storage and not let it run any customizations. Same issues as above.

Well, back to the drawing board.

**EDIT** I was using the rom posted above, not the kitchen to roll my own. I don't have that much freetime right now.

**EDIT2** Using vxUtil, I was successful at pinging www.google.com, so we know that the connection is good, and dns is functional. Must just be IE... possibly something to do with removal of the old homepage stuff?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development