PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic
Carrier: Sprint

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PPCGeeks Unified ROM Project: Project Plan

Below is the first draft of the plan for the Unified ROM Project:

This project will take place in 2 phases. Phase 1 will involve the creation and development of a defect-free unified ROM. Phase 2 will see the development of a web or app-based kitchen that will allow any user to customize their ROM in a almost infinite number of ways. This document details the project plan for Phase 1.

Define mission and goals: Completed, 2/21.
Selection of project team: 80% complete, as of 2/22, PM.

Project Team to choose AKU for development: 0%. To be completed by end of Friday, 2/23.

Build Managers and Developers to collaborate on source and version control for all deliverables. Update team on progress by end of Sunday, 2/25.

ROM Analysts to begin reviewing all interations of chosen AKU. The goal is to determine the appropriate ROM to use as a basis for development. This ROM should have the fewest number of major bugs. Analysts will share their findings with the project team on a daily basis so that a decision can be made as to whose/which ROM should be chosen. To be completed by end of Wednesday, 2/28.

ROM Analysts and Project Managers to begin writing specifications to address all outstanding bugs with the selected ROM. To be completed by: TBD

Project Managers to create ROM Change Requests from specs (RCRs) and assign to Developers. To be completed by: TBD.

Development Begins: To be completed by: Open.

First build of all completed RCRs: To be completed 1 week after Development begins.

QA to begin testing first build, based on specs of all completed RCRs: Due immediately after build is delivered.

First build delivered to Beta if no major defects are found: 2 days after QA availability.

The process will repeat itself until all RCRs and reported defects are addressed. Only when a defect-free ROM is delivered will the project move to phase two.

This plan will be updated and revised as necessary.

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
Old 02-23-2007, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
ttt for review!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: VZW

Ultima is keeping up the good workUltima is keeping up the good work
Good job, it looks to be well thought out and organized. My only concern here is that you do have some timeline expectations set. Given how some forum members have been lately I'd wager we would be in need of some moderation should some of the deadlines go by without their goal being met.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima
Good job, it looks to be well thought out and organized. My only concern here is that you do have some timeline expectations set. Given how some forum members have been lately I'd wager we would be in need of some moderation should some of the deadlines go by without their goal being met.
That's a good point, and I fully expect some timeline creep. I only included milestones because they will somewhat frame the project. Without them, things really tend to get drawn out.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Other than calling this the "new ROM" how about giving it a name? You could potentially use the name I came up with on my "theoretical" custom ROM last Wednesday- I mentioned it in the thread "What ROM is most stable".

AKU INFINITY

Then as another poster pointed out, the next version would be

AKU INFINITY.1
Old 02-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot
Other than calling this the "new ROM" how about giving it a name? You could potentially use the name I came up with on my "theoretical" custom ROM last Wednesday- I mentioned it in the thread "What ROM is most stable".

AKU INFINITY

Then as another poster pointed out, the next version would be

AKU INFINITY.1
That's a good idea for a name. What will probably happen is, we'll have internal project desginations (code names?) that will follow an SDLC naming convention. All publically released ROMs will carry a less technical name, yet to be determined. We will keep that name in mind, though!
Old 02-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Not to be too cheesey or show that I get sucked in to the Military Channel too much, but I suggest "Longbow" as a project codename. Aside from the obvious relationship to the actual Apache Longbow helicopter, it also coinsides with a Crossbow type naming.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 02-27-2007, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
How about an internal name of 'Photon'?

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 02-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Not to be too cheesey or show that I get sucked in to the Military Channel too much, but I suggest "Longbow" as a project codename. Aside from the obvious relationship to the actual Apache Longbow helicopter, it also coinsides with a Crossbow type naming.
Now THAT is a good idea!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 02:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossman
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Now THAT is a good idea!!!
I agree...and there is nothing wrong with the Military Channel, or the history channel for that matter! I could watch WWII programs all day...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development