PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you burnt out on Custom ROMs yet?
Yes 5 16.13%
No 26 83.87%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Alwaysbelieve1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Alwaysbelieve1 Send a message via Yahoo to Alwaysbelieve1
Project Death

It almost feels like everyone is burnt out on ROM building huh? Maybe the project will get underway- maybe it won't- but either way it was a great idea.

It's almost worth it to wait and see what will come of WM6 and the apache. Then we can customize that to our liking.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
The project is far from dead. This is a large undertaking made up entirely of volunteers with busy lives, so it will take a while for a release to happen.

Custom ROM builders may be holding off because the first official kitchen release is not out yet.

Are you the one who's burnt out? I haven't seen you make any improvements to your own custom ROM release.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Even though I am a lowly QA Tester, I have to say...I'm psyched about this project. I've been trying to learn as much as possible in the last couple of weeks. Thanks to many of you, I've built 3 fully-functional custom roms from ImCoKeMaN's 3.5 kitchen and the latest 3.5 sfaure03 kitchen. I'm very much looking forward to a stable, working unified 3.5 rom.

This project isn't puttering out just yet, is it?

Paul
Old 03-05-2007, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung code
Carrier: metropcs

vtigre is a n00b
Are you kidding me?

some of us just got this phone and are like hyped like on crack with all these new possibilities. Right now my phone is in repairs, but once i get it back, which is like this week, i wouldn't find it suprising if i make a few roms, start hacking away at it and become a developer. I mean, i had the pocket pc phone from t mobile, from way back, it was like the shiet and i did some pretty grooby things with it until it broke but now that i found out there is this whole underground for this phone, im back and i just can't wait to see what you guys come up with next. Technology has really changed and upgraded since back in the day and honestly, i bet there are a lot of people out there with ppc from their jobs and companies that are like, "wtf is this thing, its like a computer", and don't know wth to do with it. But thanx to forums and you guys and this whole community we can put it to use and make our lifes easier and to us dev who like to hack out these little things, just a bit funner.

Thanx to everyone for contributing.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: VZW

Ultima is keeping up the good workUltima is keeping up the good work
Wow. I can't even believe you posted this.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
I'm not burnt out on ROM building since I dont even know what to do to even build one.

I'm burnt out on all the damned reading I have to do.

It takes me less time to put together a $500 outfit to wear than it does trying to decide whose ROM to use.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung code
Carrier: metropcs

vtigre is a n00b
hmm two things that would lead me to alwaysbelieve1 putting this up,

if you go to the 700wx room, damn that room is alive. seems like they really are going fast.

second, wat ever happened to verizon lol, i see verizonguy publishing but all the dirty stuff with customizing extended roms etc is for the sprint people I'm sad verizon version didn't pop up right after. I feel like im a mac and everything is being made for the ppc all over again.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

imkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good work
I was wondering the same thing. I did not know if there was some burnout occuring or if all the work was going on behind the scenes and those of us not on the team were not in the know? Since the first weekend after the team was formed there has been a lot less public activity with the kitchens, the OEM's, and the major 3.5 builds out there.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Burnt out on roms? Are you kidding me?!? I'm a student at ISU and working 25 hours a week on top of that. I have a hard enough time just keeping up on reading everything thats going on here. I can't wait till I finally get some time to try my hands at cooking. Everyone keeps saying how easy it is once you just give it a try. I've had the time to flash several different roms and each time I try a new one I always think 'wow, i really like this part but would love it if it had this' I can't wait to build my own!!!
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
DON'T BE SILLY

Burnt on roms, as if...

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development