PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 3G / TP2
Carrier: Sprint / Google Voice

saridnour is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PPCGeeks.com listed in boot splash screen may be bad idea!!

Just wanted to put this out there to all of you making this unified rom and other roms for public distribution. It may be bad to list this site and possibly other individuals as the source in the event that MS or anyone else (carriers) got a wild hair up their a$$ and wanted to go after somebody for copyright or bricking devices. I have nothing against creating custom Roms or splashes, but setting something like this in a package that could get re-used by many people doing who knows what and having this set as a default, could really be a bad thing. More so as to PPCGeeks being an easy target to take the brunt of it as alias's are just alias's.

just food for thought,
saridnour
Old 02-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Very good point saridnour. In total agreement here.

The credits can be a hidden easter egg or something. Otherwise we may just want to consider just using that one with the Apache helicopter or something else that doesn't identify anyone.

I think everyone working on the ROMs can agree that none of us are doing it to see our name in lights.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Can't agree more!

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 02-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Re: PPCGeeks.com listed in boot splash screen may be bad ide

Quote:
Originally Posted by saridnour
Just wanted to put this out there to all of you making this uniifed rom and other roms for public distribution. It may be bad to list this site and possibly other individuals as the source in the event that MS or anyone else (carriers) got a wild hair up their a$$ and wanted to go after somebody for copyright or bricking devices. I have nothing against creating custom Roms or splashes, but setting something like this in a package that could get re-used by many people doing who knows what and having this set as a default, could really be a bad thing. More so as to PPCGeeks being an easy target to take the brunt of it as alias's are just alias's.

just food for thought,
saridnour
Why not use your splash screen? I shot Pepsi out my nose when I read "Intel Inside, Idiot Outside" for the first time!

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
Old 02-26-2007, 07:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Re: PPCGeeks.com listed in boot splash screen may be bad ide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossman
Quote:
Originally Posted by saridnour
Just wanted to put this out there to all of you making this uniifed rom and other roms for public distribution. It may be bad to list this site and possibly other individuals as the source in the event that MS or anyone else (carriers) got a wild hair up their a$$ and wanted to go after somebody for copyright or bricking devices. I have nothing against creating custom Roms or splashes, but setting something like this in a package that could get re-used by many people doing who knows what and having this set as a default, could really be a bad thing. More so as to PPCGeeks being an easy target to take the brunt of it as alias's are just alias's.

just food for thought,
saridnour
Why not use your splash screen? I shot Pepsi out my nose when I read "Intel Inside, Idiot Outside" for the first time!
I too agree here. It is the only splash screen I have not changed, as it was very appropriate for the user at hand!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
good point.. lets just make it antagonistic to msft.. lol

like all we are doing is using their stuff to make it work better on devices they want people to use
Old 02-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
make it..

we wouldn't hack it if MSFT and HTC would make it work reliably.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: VZW

evilgenius is a n00b
What if you have to take your phone in to be serviced, or something to that nature. I mean the lady at the counter my not notice anything, but the tech or insurance company may. The next thing they have is PPCGeeks along with the ppl who helped contribute to making these ROMs. Thats like commiting a robbery and then emailing the police giving the names and hang-outs of everyone involved. Just my WOW! cents

Coverage Area: Greater Chicago
We never stop working for you --VZW
Old 02-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
my phone busted really bad, but i was able to get the stock sprint logo back on before sending it in for warranty
Old 02-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

imkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good work
You can always claim that a virus must have sent the boot screen and renegade ROM to the phone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > ROM/Kitchen Development