PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   ROM/Kitchen Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   PPCGeeks.com listed in boot splash screen may be bad idea!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2869)

saridnour 02-26-2007 06:27 PM

PPCGeeks.com listed in boot splash screen may be bad idea!!

Just wanted to put this out there to all of you making this unified rom and other roms for public distribution. It may be bad to list this site and possibly other individuals as the source in the event that MS or anyone else (carriers) got a wild hair up their a$$ and wanted to go after somebody for copyright or bricking devices. I have nothing against creating custom Roms or splashes, but setting something like this in a package that could get re-used by many people doing who knows what and having this set as a default, could really be a bad thing. More so as to PPCGeeks being an easy target to take the brunt of it as alias's are just alias's.

just food for thought, :)
saridnour

luv2chill 02-26-2007 06:32 PM

Very good point saridnour. In total agreement here.

The credits can be a hidden easter egg or something. Otherwise we may just want to consider just using that one with the Apache helicopter or something else that doesn't identify anyone.

I think everyone working on the ROMs can agree that none of us are doing it to see our name in lights.

jamesus 02-26-2007 06:48 PM

Can't agree more!

Glossman 02-26-2007 06:57 PM

Re: PPCGeeks.com listed in boot splash screen may be bad ide

Quote:

Originally Posted by saridnour
Just wanted to put this out there to all of you making this uniifed rom and other roms for public distribution. It may be bad to list this site and possibly other individuals as the source in the event that MS or anyone else (carriers) got a wild hair up their a$$ and wanted to go after somebody for copyright or bricking devices. I have nothing against creating custom Roms or splashes, but setting something like this in a package that could get re-used by many people doing who knows what and having this set as a default, could really be a bad thing. More so as to PPCGeeks being an easy target to take the brunt of it as alias's are just alias's.

saridnour

Why not use your splash screen? I shot Pepsi out my nose when I read "Intel Inside, Idiot Outside" for the first time!

jamesus 02-26-2007 07:07 PM

Re: PPCGeeks.com listed in boot splash screen may be bad ide

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glossman
Quote:

Originally Posted by saridnour
Just wanted to put this out there to all of you making this uniifed rom and other roms for public distribution. It may be bad to list this site and possibly other individuals as the source in the event that MS or anyone else (carriers) got a wild hair up their a$$ and wanted to go after somebody for copyright or bricking devices. I have nothing against creating custom Roms or splashes, but setting something like this in a package that could get re-used by many people doing who knows what and having this set as a default, could really be a bad thing. More so as to PPCGeeks being an easy target to take the brunt of it as alias's are just alias's.

saridnour

Why not use your splash screen? I shot Pepsi out my nose when I read "Intel Inside, Idiot Outside" for the first time!

I too agree here. It is the only splash screen I have not changed, as it was very appropriate for the user at hand!!!

sfaure03 02-26-2007 07:52 PM

good point.. lets just make it antagonistic to msft.. lol

like all we are doing is using their stuff to make it work better on devices they want people to use

sfaure03 02-26-2007 07:53 PM

make it..

we wouldn't hack it if MSFT and HTC would make it work reliably.

evilgenius 02-26-2007 08:43 PM

What if you have to take your phone in to be serviced, or something to that nature. I mean the lady at the counter my not notice anything, but the tech or insurance company may. The next thing they have is PPCGeeks along with the ppl who helped contribute to making these ROMs. Thats like commiting a robbery and then emailing the police giving the names and hang-outs of everyone involved. Just my WOW! cents

ImCoKeMaN 02-26-2007 08:48 PM

my phone busted really bad, but i was able to get the stock sprint logo back on before sending it in for warranty :wink:

imkk 02-26-2007 10:21 PM

You can always claim that a virus must have sent the boot screen and renegade ROM to the phone.